Chapter 13 - Aquapark

After 10 minutes Makoto went out of his room and knocked on Kyoko's door.

"Come in." His friend replied from her bathroom.

"The dressing is ready!" Naegi cheered and entered her room wearing a white shirt, black tracksuit shorts and having a bit wet hair.

"Oh, are you not finished yet?" He asked.

"I'm drying my hair, hold on a sec." Kirigiri responded.

"You do realize that we're in one of the hottest places on Earth right? They'll dry in no time anyway." Makoto assumed and sat down on her couch.

"Alright then, if you say so." She came out in a violet t-shirt, a dark box pleated skirt, and as always wearing her gloves. "Did you make this yourself?

"Yea, w-why do you ask?" Naegi questioned.

"It looks great for a makeshift dressing. How did you know how to tie it so well?" Kyoko asked.

"Well, I might've known about our trip a few days before you so I asked Mikan for a tiny tutorial on the usage of the medkit." He confessed.

"You were scared to tell me about it for a few days? Wait, how did you know that it would be "our" trip?" Kirigiri questioned.

"I didn't know I just, thought that you would be the best partner if you agreed." Makoto replied.

"It's fine I'm not mad." She sat next to him. "So what did she teach you?"

"Lots of stuff. She showed me many scenarios that I had to practice on a medical manikin." He told.

"I see.. But how did you tie it with this?" Kyoko picked up her friend's numb bandaged hand.

"I can already move my fingers if necessary, I still have some painkillers left." Naegi answered.

"You should've asked me to make it myself instead of using your wounded hand, it must've hurt a lot." She pointed out.

"Like I said I'm on the pills so-"

Kirigiri interrupted her former classmate and slightly lifted his finger.

"aAaH-" He tried to stop his moan.

"I appreciate your care but hate your lies. You went through a lot of pain to make this." Kyoko gently put his hand down.

"Kiri just cut it off and enjoy your dressing will you?" Makoto smiled, got up, and tied the bandage around her head.

"Ah- it's cold-" She closed her eyes tightly and placed her hand on the back of her head.

"It just feels like it, it's because of the bruise gel." Naegi explained.

"Thanks, it's a relief." Kirigiri relaxed her face muscles and lied on the couch's backrest. "This is the last time you hurt yourself for me, got it?" She opened her eyes to give him her serious stare. "..Makoto?" Kyoko looked around but couldn't see her friend.

"..I'm back." He walked into her room holding a plastic bowl with his right hand. "I'll be doing my laundry so I thought that I can take yours as well."