34

Sapphire

2 more weeks have passed and Raphael still isn't awake. I still haven't gone to visit him, which makes me feel so bad but every time I get the strength to I have this scary-ass thought that if he dies, the last memories I would have of him would be in a fucking hospital bed. Not of him laughing or us laying in bed together talking for hours, not of us having one of our stupid ass fights, not of him worshiping me, not of him admiring me, not of us just enjoying each other. But him in a hospital bed.

I just couldn't do that.

I'm going crazy without him.

On the bright side, Enzo had started getting tutored and loved it. He would always come back to the room telling me what he learned. He can count to 50 now and he knows some colors. He's been learning how to write his name and learning his shapes. For him to have never gone to school he's doing so good.

I'm just happy he's learning.

Yegor and my mom call every day to check up on us. Yegor and I have gotten so close over the weeks, he's everything I've ever wanted in a father and everything I've ever wanted in a man for my mom. She deserves it after the hell she went through with Nick.

My mom and Yegor adore Enzo, they were hesitant at first that I had just brought a random little boy home and was even wearier when they found out he was Leo's little brother. But I assured him he was nothing but good. I didn't tell them everything that he had been through but I let them know why I took him.

Enzo was scared of Yegor at first, I guess that came from what happened in London, but eventually, he took to Yegor so well.

Speaking of London.

The London Mafia is no more. All fucking dead, like they should be.

The girls they were trafficking were let go and we gave them starting off money, to get their life together. Some declined and just went back to their families. That us saving them was enough.

The airport was up and running and we were making nice money.

I didn't realize there was only one airport in the entire Mexico. So when word spread that another one opened. People came flying.

We only had Mafia working there. Lower-class men or women, who had families.

Enzo was adjusting well, but he still chose to sleep in the bed with me. I didn't mind it. I hated sleeping by myself.

He started calling me mommy a few days ago.

My heart was warm.

Tyler has forbidden me from going on any jobs, like he my dad or some shit.

"The baby comes first Sapphire"

And finally, we got Nick.

He's been in the basement and I've been making daily visits to him.

I'm trying to hold out, to see if Raphael wakes up. I already took one kill from him. I won't do another.

I was currently in the basement while Enzo was playing with Tyler. Those two had grown extremely close.

I was a bit jealous but whatever.

I hit Nick in the face again with the brass knuckles and he spit out the blood.

"It's so nice that you visit your father every day" he gave a bloodied smile "Quality time with your old man. I knew you loved me."

I stabbed him in the arm "You are not my father" I smiled at him "Yegor is"

He tried to wiggle out of his chair. He was screaming at me. I just started laughing and turned on the electricity in the chair.

I turned it off and kept laughing "See you tomorrow Nick"

I went upstairs and saw Chavo standing in the doorway.

"Hey," I said dismissing the guards and going into the kitchen and washing my hands.

"Hey, I was just checking on you. I haven't heard from you"

"Yeah I've been busy with Honeymoons and Nick, you know running a mafia," I said walking into the living room and sitting on the couch.

"How is Raphael?"

"He isn't up. That's all I know" I said irritated.

"He'll be okay Fire"

"Yeah? Well I'm sick of people telling me that"

"It's okay to not be strong all the time Fire" He put his hand on my thigh.

I moved his hand "Yeah I went through my depression stage. I have businesses to run now"

"You need a break"

I shook my head "I already had a break-"

He leaned in and started kissing my neck and I pushed him away "Come on Sapphire"

He ran his hand up my dress and grabbed my pussy. I punched him "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

He grabbed my legs and pulled me to the floor getting in between my legs. I clawed at his face but he grabbed my hands. I struggled to move my legs while he was rubbing his dick against me "Come on Sapphire I know you want to. Raphael hasn't been here to give you any. You forgot how much I know you."

"Ty-" I screamed but he covered up my mouth.

I finally got my leg in between his and kneed him. He rolled over holding his dick. I grabbed my gun and shot him over and over and over and over again.

I backed up against the wall and slid down crying.

Why would he do that and he knew what I went through with Roger and the others.

"Sapp-" I heard Tyler's voice and looked up. He came over to me hugging me "Hey, it's okay" he rubbed my head.

I shook my head crying "It's not. It's fucking not. I want my Rafi" I cried harder "I just want Raphael"

"Get this body out of here before Enzo sees it" He called out to one of the guards. "Come on, let's go see Enzo"

I was in bed cuddling Enzo. I was still quiet from earlier. I was just holding him and stroking his hair. He was watching courage the cowardly dog, which was his favorite show.

"Mommy?"

"Yeah, baby?"

"Who's Raphael? I hear uncle Tyler talk about him a lot. He says he misses him"

"He's mommy's husband"

"So does that mean he can be my daddy?" He said excitedly "I always wanted a daddy"

"Of course baby" I kissed his head

"Well, what if he doesn't like me?"

"He'll love you"

Tyler busted through the door with a huge grin on his face.

"You're interrupting family time-"

"He's up"