Chapter 1

PETE'S POV

Throwback

Staring at my hand with so many bruises and chain on it starting to fade now. My body that full of cuts and blood before is now healed.

But the scars and memory of those events are still fresh in my head.

Why there is no one here to help me? Or maybe they don't need me anymore because I'm useless.

"You even gave yourself to him. That's a fucking bullshit. You don't have anything in yourself now Pete even your humanity"

Smack

"You are useless Pete, useless" scolding and hitting my face.

Then Vegas came into my view.

"Stop" he shouted and come and sat next to me.

He wants to hold my face but I move to the other side. Then he tried to hold my hand again but I moved them too.

When I looked back at him, I saw the marks on his face.

His father hits him again.

"You deserve it," my mind said angrily but something inside me says different.

My mind keeps hating them but my hearts pity him. And I'm fucking hate it.

He didn't say anything but he put his head down low.

"What happened?" I asked him.

I've been tricking him this whole time, this is only the solution I know. I'd been following all his instructions and anything he wants now.

So he will give me more food to eat so I can regain my energy and plan for my escape.

These past few days his giving more affection, I don't know why.

He's not acting like the first day. Nowadays he is more caring, and his very touchy. Like holding my hands and hugging me after sex. I don't hate it but I just don't like it when he's doing it.

"I'm letting you go, Pete," he said in a low voice.

I'm shocked at what I just heard from him.

I didn't move or utter a word. Maybe his just tricking me. Cause I know if I did something that he didn't like he will punish me again.

"I don't like this kind of feeling. I'm not used to it." what is he saying now I'm confused.

I looked at him and there were tears in his eyes.

"I don't know when did it start, but I'm scared. I'm scared because I know you hated me for your whole life. And I know you're going to leave me." he keeps on talking, but I don't get it at all.

Me what does he mean by that?

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. Then he looked at me.

"I like you, Pete. And I hate it," he shouted at me

"I'm starting to like you, to the point that I can chain you so you won't leave me. But I cannot do that anymore because I hated it, Pete. I hate seeing you in this state. And I hated myself for doing those things to you."

I wanted to smack him right here and there because he was in a state of vulnerability. But my body is not cooperating at all.

"I know you won't forgive me, for what I did. It is better this way or if you want you can kill me now." then he gave me the key and a gun.

"Just shoot me," he said.

I have been staring at the gun for a minute now, and still debating whether to kill him or not.

I have a chance to kill him, but why I cannot do it?

Why I'm being so soft on him now? I shouldn't be like this.

I'm hating myself now.

I grab the key from his hand and then unlocked it.

"Now I am free," I told to myself then looked at the gun.

I run to the door and look back at him.

"Pete wait" he run to me and held my face.

I can feel his hands that are trembling.

Then he kissed me, I don't know why I didn't refuse it.

Then he moved backward and look at me dead serious.

"Before you go, I want to tell you something"

Now we are glaring at each other.

"I gave you already a chance Pete, but you didn't do it. If I ever see you again, I'm not going to hesitate to do this again. I'm not going to physically hurt you but going to chain you so I can own you by myself. Because I am a possessive and selfish man Pete. Now go before I change my mind" then he turns back at me.

Now I'm running away from him, but the word he said had stuck in my head.

I don't know what to do. I wanted to go back to the main family but I'm scared of what Vegas told me.

But I decided to go back and asked for help. I'm already in the main house's backyard nearby the pond area. I use the secret escape door to enter the mansion of Theerapanyakul.

They entrusted me with that secret door just in case something happened in the future, especially with Mr. Takhun.

I'm smiling from ear to ear because I can finally see them.

I can hear Mr. Takhun calling my name sobbing.

From a little distance, I saw what are they doing.

They are commemorating my death. I wanted to show myself but someone caught my eye.

"Why is he here?" I asked myself feeling agitated.

Now my knees are starting to shake and now I hear his voice in my ear.

And it's hurting my head.

I run back outside.

I keep on running and hiding at the same time.

I'm asking myself why I'm scared of him. I know how to fight but why I'm becoming so weak and scared now?

I sat in the alley because of tiredness.

What will happen to me? I want to go back to my Grandparents but what if he follows me there?

"Pete?" someone called me. I keep my head low so he will not Pete know. And he is just mistaking me for someone.

He came to me grab my face.

"What the hell happened to you" he looked at me in horror.

"Tey please don't tell them, please I'm begging you" I keep on pleading.

I don't know if I can trust him. But just to try my luck.

"Who did this to you?" he asked while helping me stand up.

"I will tell you, but I'm begging you not to tell anyone about me"

"Okie let's go to the car"