Chapter 21

VEGAS POV

Walking back and forth in front of the operating room feeling nervous. Waiting for the doctor to come out and tell me that Pete is okay.

It's already been 1 hour since they took him inside.

The more time that passes by the more anxious I get.

This is all my fault. I should be the one in the operating room right now not him. Why does he need to save me, I should be the one saving him in the first place.

All I need to do now is pray that everything will be alright in his operation.

It's been a week since the last time I saw him, I thought his not coming back.

I'm happy that I'll be able to see him again, that he is back. But seeing him like that, I am not being able to forgive myself if anything happens to him.

I flinch with the operating room open and saw the doctor.

"Family of Mr." I didn't let him finish talking

"How is he" pulling him in the collar

"We did our best to save him but..."

"But what?" I shouted at the doctor and my chin started to quiver

"He didn't make it," he said

"Take back what you said, take it back now. GO BACK INSIDE AND DO SOMETHING PLEASE" my tears are now falling nonstop

The pain inside me is unbearable. It hurts it really hurts.

"I'm sorry," the doctor said again and pat my shoulder.

"No, you're lying" I shouted and pushed him hard on the wall

My whole world shattered at once upon hearing what the doctor say.

"Pete please come back" I shouted, kneeling and punching the floor

"Please, please come back to me, come back to us" I whimpered now hugging myself

"Mr. Theerapanyakul?" someone called me.

I don't want to hear what are they going to say anymore.

"Mr. Theerapanyakul?" they called again

"Pete, My Pete is gone" I whispered crying

"Mr. Theerapanyakul, we are going to transfer Mr. Phongsakorn Saengtham to the private room. The operation is successful and nothing to worry about."

I looked at the doctor who said that, and it was not the same doctor who came before.

"Can you repeat what you just said?" I asked the doctor.

I can't believe what I just heard. So I want to confirm it.

"Mr. Saengtham is not in danger anymore, he is safe you can see him in a bit. By tomorrow he will wake up"

Now I'm crying again, but with happiness.

I wanted to punch the doctor who said that to me earlier. I'm going to kill him, I said to myself.

Now I'm smiling like crazy.

I sat on the chair to collect myself for a bit.

My energy was drained, and I'm still comprehending what just happened earlier.

That I didn't notice the old man sitting not far away from me.

"I was about to tell you that you were crying for the wrong person earlier. But your emotions were a quite strong young man" he said

I just look at him.

"I've been there before, and I know how it feels."

"Yeah"

I was about to ask why is he not crying but he beat me to it.

"I'm not crying as you can see, because I know we are going to meet each other again soon," he said smiling

"I'm sorry," I said with sympathy

He just smiled and started to leave but look at me again.

"You know, Life is full of surprises, but not all these surprises are pleasant. So you have to be ready for what life brings you," he said then left.

After regaining myself I went to the room where Pete is located.

He was sleeping sideways because of the operation of the gunshot on his back.

I went to the side where I can see his face.

I bring the chair next to him and held his hand.

"My love, I miss you so much" then I started crying again

"Please, don't do that again. I love you so much" then I kiss him on his lips.

After that Nop came and give us our things. I cleaned myself up and sleep on the chair holding Pete's hand.

In the morning, a new visitor came.

"How is he?" RM asked "Oh, by the way, my husband is KIM Seokjin, but everyone calls him Jin" he introduced him

"VEGAS THEERAPANYAKUL" then we shake hands.

"The doctor said he will wake any time" I answered

I told them what happened, and the JIN guy said he needs to run some test
when Pete wakes up.

Why do they need to run a test for him, are the doctors here aren't capable enough to do those things? My thought says.

Pete woke up after an hour of waiting and they told me I need to out for a bit.

I wanted to shout at them because I didn't even talk to Pete but they said it was urgent.

I'm getting more and more curious about the test they are doing right now.

They told me to wait for a bit, but it's been thirty since I'm outside and still no one came to call me.

I'm frustrated right now. I wanted to see Pete.

RM and Jin came outside just in time. Cause I'm planning to go inside because I'm bored waiting.

"Congrats, take care of him," RM said and pat my shoulder.

Why are they congratulating me I asked myself confused.

I hurriedly went inside and I saw him sleeping again.

"Sleep well," I said and kiss his head and sat on the chair again and held his hand

"I'm awake"

"Pete are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere? Are you hungry? Do you need anything?" I bombarded him with questions.

"How am I going to answer all your questions now" he said smiling

"Promise me you're not going to do it  again," I said holding my cry

"Why can't I?"

"Just don't Pete, please I don't want to see you like this" I put my head on the bed, cause I cannot control my sob anymore.

"Don't worry we are okay now" he said caressing my head.

"Remember what I told you in the bar?"

"No" I muffled

"That if we are going to survive I'm going to tell you a secret"

I look at him.

"What is it?" I asked wiping my tear

"I'm pregnant," he said smiling

Don't hate me anymore okay ☺️

Thank you for reading...