Chapter 23

PETE'S POV

"No I don't want to be your boyfriend" I answered angrily

Because I'm expecting more than that, he is really an idiot.

He stopped caressing my back so I pushed him a little bit, so I can see his reaction. And he looks so sad.

"You are so naive Vegas" I scolded him

He didn't answer me and just look at me with a curious face.

"Ask me another question" I give him a hint, and hopefully he will get it.

"What do you want me to ask"

"Aside from being a boyfriend, what else do you want from me?" I'm going to punch him for real if he still didn't get what I meant.

"Huh?" he said still confused.

I don't have any patience anymore but I need to calm down before I burst out my anger toward him.

"Really? You only want us to be boyfriends?" my voice is getting higher now.

"Yeah," he said uncertainly

"Okay, get out Vegas," I said pushing him.

"Why?"

"Why you asked? Is Venice not enough and baby here, to ask those questions." I said pointing at my stomach.

"I give you already a hint but still didn't get it, so get out now," I shouted again.

He loses my patients.

"Okey I'm going," and he stands up and walks to the door.

I throw my pillow at him with frustration. Because he still didn't get what I wanted to say.

"Vegas, don't come back if you don't have any rings with you," I shouted again,

"What's the ring for?" he asked again still in the door frame confused.

"Arrrgghh, your daddy is so stupid," I said caressing and talking to my stomach.

"So you want me to explain it to you? Okay, fine." I sat on the bed looking at him intently.

"You are going to kneel in front of me and ask me to marry you then I'm going to answer yes then after that you are going to put the ring here on my finger," I said pissed off and showing my ring finger to him "Now you get it?"

He didn't move and just stared at me.

"I'm so done with you Vegas" then I lie down again and cover myself ready to fall asleep.

Then I heard him run towards me. Lie down next to me and hug me tightly.

Now I'm having a butterfly in my stomach while smiling ear to ear.

I can hear him crying so I turn myself to face him.

"Hey, why are you crying? I don't have my ring yet, so don't cry and go and buy it for me" I teased him while wiping his tears.

I waited for him till he stopped crying. And he is just staring at me after that.

"Why you're not saying anything," I ask him smiling cheekily

"It's overwhelming in here, and I don't know where to start," he admitted

"Kiss me then," I told him

He didn't wait for any second and kissed me passionately.

After the long passionate kiss and intimate lovemaking, we're back to cuddling again still both naked.

(Just imagine the intimacy of their lovemaking, cause I'm not into writing smut. - authornim)

"I love you, Pete," he said kissing my temple

"I'm hungry" I teased him.

I'm not shy about being naked in front of him but answering those words, I feel so shy about it.

"You Don't love me, do you? You just want to marry me because of Venice and this baby?" he asked hurt

"No, it's not like that, does my action not enough, hugging you or kissing you?"

"But I want to hear it too"

"You will hear it when the time comes, don't think too much okay" I assured him

"You are just saying that because you don't really love me" and now he is sulking again

"I promise to myself that I'm only marrying the one I truly love. Now, is that enough?"

"More than enough" then we hug and kiss each other again.

After bathing and changing clothes he said he wants to take me somewhere else.

I didn't know that he will take me to the cemetery.

"Ma, remember the promise I made before. That I'm only marrying my first love and one truly loved. Ma, that person is here today and I want you to meet him"

I know his mom is already dead but I'm still nervous standing here in front of her tombstone.

Vegas held my hand when he notice me.

"Don't be nervous" he whispered to me

"Ma, I want you to meet Pete and our baby," he said caressing my stomach "You have another grandson too, and his name is Venice. We didn't bring him with us today, but I will promise you, we will be here together again.

"Hello Ma, I hope you can accept me as your son-in-law. And don't worry ma, I going take care of him and Macau." then I bow my head as a sign of respect.

After that, he took me to a tombstone where I can read my name on it.

"I took you here so that I can assure myself that you are here next to me and not there." he pointed at the tombstone in front of us "While saying those words to you," he continued and stared back at me again.

"Pete, I know I did so many horrible things to you. But here you are still accepting and loving me, and I'm very much thankful for that. I wanted to ask you to let go of the past and start a new beginning for us. But I know it's not that easy, especially on your side. All I can do now is promise you, that I'm not going to hurt you anymore. That I'm going to take care of you and our family. That I'm going to love you until my last breath."

"Vegas, Letting go of the past is like letting go of Venice, and I'm not going to do that. Because Venice is our beautiful mistake. I don't hate you anymore because of what you did to me in the past. The fact is, I must thank you because I have Venice, this baby, and You. I have the family that I loved the most now."

"Thank you, Pete and I love you too the most"

"I know Vegas, but I don't have my ring yet or else I will ask Jk to buy it for me," I teased him.

The end....

Just kidding... 🤣 🤣 🤣

More babies coming up next...

This book is supposed to be 20 chapter only, but here we are hahaha.

Thank you again for reading.