Their Date (Chapter 9)

Sagiso POV

The sun hit the two love birds that had walked through the market, a small wooden box on Kiyuri's hand while Yasunori's ears twitched and stared at it along with the mage. Eagle red eyes set to make sure everything went according to plan. Yes, to set them out on a date.

I told Kaneko earlier to tell Kiyuri to get the knight around town, just to be familiar with the layout. This was her first time here, and with how empty minded Yasunori is, it's a surprise how she hasn't managed to get lost yet. So it was a valid reason, and was suspicious at all. This undercover would have worked if...

"Here you go mister! Work hard, okay? The student's are going to be pissed if the road isn't fixed soon, ahaha!" The princess had a bag filled with bread and handed them over to the workers, the men tipped her hats off to her and gave them a bright smile.

"Princess! Thank you for the snacks!"

"You're such a savior, Princess! If it weren't for the sun with annoying shining light, I thought that heat would have come from you!"

Why does this girl bring attention everywhere she goes? Of course it must just be her actions, but still, it's almost impossible. While I am thankful for her helping them...She got distracted so easily with our main mission.

I sighed as I dropped a bag of bricks next to one of the workers, I bowed to them for a moment as they gave me a nod. I suppose I too had gotten into the habit of giving help to everyone, so I can't blame her.

A light laugh escaped her lips as she conversed with the worker, she pointed at the tattoo on the man's arm and asked him where he got that, and what it meant. They talked, their loud chuckles even caught the attention of the demi-lion that was away from us.

They're talking like old friends... Didn't she just meet him earlier??

I stepped towards Kaneko, sweat dripped down her necklace. I took out my handkerchief and wiped it off while she talked. She paused for a second to glance at me, yet this time she didn't glare and spoke to the worker like I didn't exist. Oh well.

I took off a hairband from my wrist and gathered that bundle of wavy sunrise puff, I tiptoed to tie her hair up and after a while had finally got it right.

"You didn't have to do that." Kaneko whipped her head towards me, her hair slapped my face from how fast she went. She froze on the spot as strands of her hair stuck to my golden skin, "Shit, sorry."

"A-aha! It's fine! I like helping anyway, and you looked pretty hot so..." If I knew you were going to almost glare at me from me helping you... I wouldn't have done so. But, ah, whatever, I'm used to it anyway! At least she doesn't look too hot now.

"I-I..." At least that's what I thought, yet her head fully turned red from my words and she widened eyes as her mouth twitched... Crap, is she about to have a heat stroke or something?! "You messed up my damn hairstyle! Ugh! I can't believe this!"

She shook her head while her ears too had turned red, and stormed off in the direction of Kiyuri and Yasunori. "Wai-wait!" I exclaimed, but she had kept on forward. I stood there with a sigh, the worker raised his eyebrows at me.

"You two seem close," He brushed his towel on his neck. "You're her new boyfriend, huh?"

"Wh-what? No, I'm a woman, actually...Just an escort for her today since she wanted to run around." I shook my head, but still smiled. I peeked over at my clothes, a black suit with golden edges and pure black slacks. I tried to slick back that extra hair like the others, yet it still bounced back at the edge of my eye.

Uh, no wonder he thought I was a guy.

"Ahh, really? Sorry! I thought you two were on a date. You don't really look like a woman, I guess you're a new student from Adventurine?" He apologized and chuckled. A d-date?! What? With Kaneko? Oh please, I'd rather get captured by the demon lord than ever imagine being all lovey dovey with that villainess. I know she's a storm and a tsunami to deal with.