Repeating Questions (Chapter 54)

Third Person POV

"..." Sagiso stared up at the girl who held her so tight since she knew that she left her.

Fate finds a way, Sagiso supposes. But the guilt was a nightmare that she begged to stop.

But in the end, she festered it.

"You and Marisa got closer than I thought." Sagiso tried to move the conversation forward in order to get away from her own mind.

But instead her thoughts twisted into something else.

Kaneko and Marisa is such an odd pair, but when she saw how enraged Kaneko was, she knew that Marisa was someone important to her now.

What is going to happen, Marisa and Kaneko is both going to be taken away from her?

Perhaps that's what she deserves after what she had done…

But, she is alowed to be a little selfish right? 

Kaneko sniffled and nodded, her head leaned deeper onto her neck.

"Mhm… Marie's really nice… A little stubborn, but aren't we all…" Kaneko's voice was muffled with Sagiso's clothes. She shook her head and glanced up at Sagiso with a teary but determined gaze.

"Wh-why did you leave?" Kaneko had wanted the truth out of that question ever since Sagiso only left her with a feather.

"Why did you allow me to leave?" Sagiso's retort wasn't as malicous as she wanted it to be, but Kaneko took it that way.

Instead of more curses, Kaneko simply hiccuped from her sobs and gripped on her tighter.

"I'm sorry, Kaneko. I'm just not in the right mind right now." Sagiso mumbles and continued to caress the back of her sunrise hair. 

After that confrontation with the Goddess, the next thing she saw was completely out of the imaginations of her mind.

Marisa, who was supposed to be in the hospital, was in pain while Kaneko held her in a protective manner. 

Those two shouldn't have any way of crossing each other in their lifetime.

Of course Sagiso had a hard time of figuring it out.

Sagiso pulled away from Kaneko, but the Princess's hands shook to grip her sleeves no matter what happened. Kaneko had a face filled with moist pain, the only thing that could worsen it now is if she started to scream.

"I had to leave because I couldn't bare it anymore." Sagiso confessed with a gentle but malcholic smile on her face.

Kaneko's heart had been squeezed with thorns once more, and the tears had worsed.

"I-I'm sho shorry! I should have bween more kind to you! I won't dwo it again I swear!" Her words were slurred from the agony that blocked her normal speech.

"No, you idiot." Sagiso scoffed at her mewls and chuckled. 

"The problem wasn't you at all, it was my fault." She caressed her tears away with her fingers. Sagiso kept a gentle tone and made sure to smile to reassure the girl in front of her.

"Wh-what do you even mean? You didn't do shit!" A shine of light came inside Kaneko's eyes, yet she still had tears that fell down.

"I manipulated you to teleport me out." Sagiso knew Kaneko was predictable and she used that. 

"H-how does that even happen…?" Kaneko had a tindge of doubt in her voice.

"I knew you had feelings for me even if you didn't know, so when you realized the secret that you held back, I teleported." Sagiso smiled at Kaneko, her rub of her cheeks as a way to soften the blow.