Our Bittersweet Fate (Chapter 57)

Marisa POV 

"Greetings, Child." That same greeting every time along with the white nothingness.

"Goddess." I glanced up at the glass figure that reflected the rainbow around them.

"Have you finally figured out your personal wish, dear?" The light that shined on her face covered her expression, but from the way she talks it was cheerful. 

To break the signature symbol of a hero intentionally is to call the goddess. Mine was my glasses, and after I broke it my consciousness was sent here. 

"Before that, may I ask what rank Sagiso is?"

The Goddess froze.

"I-I don't think we should use our real names–"

"Please answer my question." 

With the force of my voice, The Goddess gave a small sigh and nodded.

"Feathers of Salvare is at the 3rd rank." 

I shook my head and scoffed.

"So that's why she took Kaneko's wish, hm?" I nodded at myself and adjusted my glasses as the lights of the Goddess started to gleam wildly.

All of us Summoned Heroes know that the 2nd and 3rd are fighting for the 1st spot. 

"Did she win?"

"Technically she did, however she refused the reward when she finished the task." 

"Hahaha, Sagiso…" I chuckled at her choice.

That girl who wants to serve more people refused to get the spot where she would have to save more worlds?

If she agreed to fight in the first place, she must have wanted to get it, so there is no way she didn't accept it because of pity for 2nd.

She truly has changed.

And I still love her because of it.

"Thank you for explaining." I bowed towards the Goddess before I straightened my back.

"My wish… I want to be able to open a portal between worlds.

"Ah, dear, that complicates things. That would break the balance of my worlds if you abuse it. Perhaps less than that?" 

"I suppose that is a lot of power given to me…" I pondered for a moment, before I nodded at her.

"What about this? I am able to create portals between worlds, however only humanoids and whatever is on their person is able to come through." I gave a suggestion and the Goddess seemed to have agreed with me by her nod.

"I am able to give that. Normally I wouldn't, however you have served me since you graduated middle school and never had a wish until now… I can't say no to that, can I?" The Goddess let out a ringing like chuckle as the lights flashed a bright color.

"Though, are you sure you will not wish for your body to be healthy?"

"If my body was healthy, I think I would make too much of an impact in the world." I stared up at her face that was just simply light.

"You sure are confident in that, aren't you…?"

"You know of my intelligence, Goddess." 

The Goddess giggles chimed once more as she reached out her glass arm and her pointer finger glowed in front of me.

"I shall grant your wish, Gospel of Hakui, as a token of your service."

"Thank you, Goddess." I bowed and placed my hand on her finger. The glow enveloped me as cool air passed through my insides.