Elegant Asshole. (Chapter 37)

Sagiso POV

Shivered like a bird who had their feathers all plucked, to think I would feel that defenseless just from being stuck in her presence. Now, with her warmth in my palms had been the only thing that distracted me from the coldness of my thoughts.

I lied through my teeth to save myself, and I do that a lot, yet this time I knew Kaneko could tell something had been wrong with me too. She always catches up quick when someone is experiencing strong emotion, thank goddess I had a back up logical explanation for when I ran away.

I never knew she was going to accept something like that.

But I wanted it to happen so I can finally be gone.

To go back to Marisa.

So I can finally be the number one hero and save her.

Yet, with all of the mist in my gaze when I found out she had dated someone else, I realized too late that I should have left already if I finished my mission.

To think I would focus on these STUPID emotions when I should have been focused on my mission from the start.

I know it's unreasonable, I know that I shouldn't even bat an eye towards this light infatuation I have with the Princess, I have a job to do and I have been doing that for so long I won't just abandon it!

Yet I did.

Kaneko, she truly is a Villainess, isn't she?

How can she act so honestly when she had completely broken why I had become a hero in the first place?

How can she act like an inevitable sunrise when the only thing she's burning is my heart?

I never understood romance.

I never WANT to understand it.

I only need Marisa to be safe, that's it, my whole reason to live is her.

I don't want to be distracted by this.

"You two are back! How was the talk?" Kiyuri's closed eyelids had been directed towards both of us, and the Yasunori who had her head laid on the table blinked at the two of us.

"Looks like they're getting along well again~ How fun, both of you holding hands~" The lioness had chuckled, ears twitched lightly when Kiyuri patted her head as a good job. Her eyeless gaze set on her brother who had a clearly seething expression on his face.

"Yeah! We're good now!" And the oh so dense Princess only gave a grin and peace sign over at the couple to show her victory. Her boyfriend's nose scrunched up, plague-like yellow glare sent straight towards me. Much to his sister's amusement.

Kiyuri is so sadistic, this is probably why Torashi has such a big complex towards her. Not only is she so much better than him in almost every way, but she always flaunts in a hidden way where one wouldn't even know she had just flexed on him.

Elegant, but what an asshole.

As I nodded and hardened my smile, I shook my hands off Kaneko and she blinked down at me.

"Jie?" With a cute whimper that completely tugged at my strings, Kaneko arched her eyebrows. She whined about how I took her hands off her, clear from those big cat eyes that she sent me.

"No fair using your cuteness, Princess." I hid a groan in the form of a chuckle and turned my head away from all of them. Yet, with a gust of wind, my hand had laid back on top of Kaneko and she beamed from the sight.

What the fu–

I whipped my head towards the culprit, and there she is, caught red handed as she giggled at me. Below the table had her grimoire that glowed a light green, she clearly casted some sort of wind spell to move my arm.