Interrogation (Chapter 51)

Marisa POV

Kiyuri sat beside a tree and she gestured for me to come close. Beside her, one who laid on the ground was Yasunori who snoozed even if it was early in the morning.

She placed her head on top of her lap and caressed the furry ears of her partner.

"Thank you once again." I bowed at her and she only giggled.

"I said it was no problem, dear." She laid a finger underneath my chin and flicked it up for me to look at her.

"Why don't you sit down in front of me, hm?" A smile that got shaded by the tree's leaves, I knew that she had some malice behind it.

And so, I sat obediently without any question.

However, what did I do wrong to prompt this behavior?

How very dangerous...

I can see her emotional intelligence as clear as my glasses.

And how she manipulated both Kaneko and Gardenia is evident of that.

Manipulate is a harsh word, perhaps influence would be better to describe it?

Her smile is a mask, no doubt about it. However she purposefully makes it fall, in order to give a small hint of her purpose but not to reveal it all.

That mystery can create frustration, fear, and curiosity that depends on the person.

Those emotions in a person would make them easier to manipulate.

She has clearly mastered her art, even though I am very curious about what she has to say.

"Let me get this straight, darling. What do you think of Gardenia?"

"She's very pleasant, is there a reason why you ask me this?" I tilted my head.

"Ufufufu, thank goodness! I thought you didn't like her! It's very hard to read you sometimes." She lifts her hand to her mouth and gives a giggle.

A backhanded comment, I see.

Someone like me is her natural enemy when it comes to her strategy, because my face barely changes when I talk to people.

She had shown a clear dislike with Kaneko's sister for that same reason.

"Why do you think so?"

"After all, we did have that argument when we first met her."

"I prefer the word debate, however you are correct."

Did she mean that gender debate?

"Why do you ask?"

"It's simple, I want to end this now before you eventually hurt Gardenia." She gave a smile with sharp edges and I nodded from her words.

"I see... Even if you like to see people around you being in a conflict, you still care about their well being." I hummed, and my words made her shatter her smile and turn completely red.

"A-ah... Of course I do. They're my friends, that's normal, yes?" A good attempt of seemingly being back to normal was made. Kiyuri went back to her smile, but the redness on her cheeks was kept there.

She sighed. "Your behavior surprises me more than Kaneko..."

So even she gets flustered?

She cleared her throat with a cough, "An-anyway... On to our conversation..."

Her eyes opened at me, the drops of honey glowed as it targeted me.

"Let us end this now."

Her words make it sound like she's a final boss, can she stop raising flags?