See you never. (Chapter 26)

Kaneko POV

"I-I–" That girl stared at me, straight into my irses with crosses, with her erratic gaze. Face paled, hands shook near her stomach as Sagiso tried to give her the books she scattered on the ground.

When her head went limp, so did the joy I gathered around my heart crashed down.

I balled up my fists, bit my lip as I lowered my body. I stared at my shoes as I made a deeper bow, the scuttle of the foot in front of me was a clear indication that she was startled about what I was doing.

Which makes sense, I'm a princess doing a deep bow after all.

"Pri-princess! What are you doing?!"

"I'm apologizing, idiot." I spat, but quickly bit my tongue. "Sorry. I just wanted to say I didn't mean to scare you like that, and like... I just."

I paused, gulped, sweat fell in front of me as I squeezed my eyes shut. My throat dried up, these words haven't come out of my mouth for so long I forgot how to create them.

Gotdamn it.

"Listen, to tell you the truth, I don't know how to apologize to people. I've never apologized to anyone before so I don't know how to say this but... I really didn't want to make you upset like that, I was just pissed off before and I didn't mean to take it out on you. I'm sorry, and if you don't want to be around me because of that you are honestly free to have that choice... Since I'm sure it would probably happen again. But, I'll work on improving it." I blabbered while I could physically feel the vibrations that came from the commoner right of me.

"U-uhm..."

"I-I don't think you should say that you can't be together, I mean I'm sure you can reach some sort of–"

"Sometimes to make both of us happy we shouldn't see each other." I rolled my eyes at Sagiso, but it's not like either of them could see as I had still been in my bowed position.

That girl just doesn't get it, she thinks she can just talk her way out of everything. She doesn't have to get along with everyone to make everyone happy, some people just don't get along and that's fine. For us not to meet is the best choice we can have. Same thing with my Exes, she just took their words and didn't even bother to think about what would happen to her. Doesn't she know we parted for a reason? It's their damn fault they're so butt hurt.

"Bu-but–"

"No, she's right, Tsutsuji-san." Thankfully, Kimiaki agreed with me. "I... I uhm. I probably wouldn't ever get along with someone like Hime-sama, because I'm someone too weak to deal with her intensity..."

"But you can't just ignore each other, this will forever make you part away." Sagiso still managed to make an argument, and as I crashed my teeth together I straightened my back. I narrowed my eyes at her, that nervous smile with a beat of sweat only worsened from the strings of my gaze.

"Then I don't care if we part away forever, it's better that way. Do you really want her to deal with my outbursts and just make her have another anxiety attack? And don't tell me that I can change or she can change bullshit, she already made her decision. Neither of us wants to walk around eggshells, deal with it." I stomped forward and glared down at her, and that widened eyes along with those slow blinks made the situation with Kimiaki before flash in my mind.

Fuck.

I did it again.

I shouldn't have just said that in such a condescending tone.

I'm so fucking stupid.

"I..." Sagiso gulped as she lowered her head, closed her eyes. "Right, you're sorry. I just don't want any bad blood between you two, that's all."