My Wish, my Pain. (Chapter 40)

Kaneko POV

"Jie..." I mumble as I narrow my eyes at her.

I inch closer to her, the hiccups of her sobs hadn't been muffled by the raindrops on the ground. I wiped the tears on her cheek with a thumb, the usual cheerful or teasing expression had twisted into a mess of a woman.

She leaned forward on my chest, her fist on my lap as she screamed her pleas silently on my torso.

"Jie... Thank you for telling me." I caress the back of her head and twist it further into my warmth. With the other hand I pulled her closer from the waist as we continued to sit underneath the gray skies.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have done this... I was supposed to comfort you yet I failed again... Again... I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry... I don't want to be a hero, I never wanted to be a hero, I just want everyone to forgive me for what I've done..."

So maybe then she'll feel better about herself.

But I know damn well it's not going to help.

"Shut it, you didn't fail anything." I whisper in her ear.

The bird with prickly metal feathers had finally softened, I don't want her to go back to how she used to.

"I'm the one who made the situation worse than it was, I'm sorry I pushed you to a corner like this. But, I'm glad you finally are able to talk to me about yourself. I know you a lot better now."

I never understood how anyone could bow down to people so much, how they could possibly have no self respect that they would put people above themselves.

Yet this girl clearly had blamed herself for something that wasn't even her fault.

And now the idiot thinks that serving everyone would make her feel that she is giving back good into the world.

When in reality her insecurities are the main drive.

"Kaneko... I know you are just naturally curious about people yet... I don't understand how you can be this kind." She chuckled lightly despite the sniffles on my chest.

"I care about you, Jie."

Even if you give me that everlasting burn in my heart, I'd rather have that than this hole drop of a sickly feeling.

Of course I care about her as a friend, that was natural. But, when Kiyuri and I were in the same situation that we are in now, there was something completely different...

"I don't deserve to have that care."

"I do whatever I want, you can't stop me." I rolled my eyes and she glanced up at me. Her chin laid on my chest, her puffy red eyes shimmered towards me.

"Jie..." I mumbled at her, my eyes by pure instinct had trailed to her lips.

Those soft, warm and familiar lips.

There it is again.

That feeling that I don't have with Kiyuri.

"You surely are so charming, Princess. I can see now why so many men fall for you."

"Now is not the time for sarcasm, Jie!" I pout and grumble, but with the stoic expression that she wore, I paused.

"It's not sarcasm." She spoke, tone blunt and unwavering. I widened my gaze at her, and rose tinted my face. Sagiso really has become weird after the whole boyfriend situation...

"I wonder, will you throw me away like them too?"

"I wouldn't dare, you didn't leave me when I had been such a bitch." I shook my head and caressed her cheek once again.