How do I ruin this? (Chapter 27)

Kaneko POV

"Fucking damn it!" I cursed, stomped on the floor forward. Turned, and stomped once again. I continued to pace around while the layered ruffled skirt of floral designs fluttered along with each kick.

The entrance of my room opened with a creek, and the Princess Hero popped her head out.

"I can hear you from all the way down the hall... As calm as ever, Princess. Ahaha..." She fully got herself in while her red gaze glanced up and down at me. Sagiso chuckled lightly as a bead of sweat fell down her cheek.

"I am NOT fine! Why the hell did he tell me so late?! Gotdamn it, I know he WANTS me to fail but I still need to look pretty!" I grabbed my lacy black gloves and pulled it all just above my elbow. I patted my sleeveless top with a sigh, glared down at her.

"With those curves that gently flow down your body like petals, long slender legs and your fairly muscular but still lean arms...? You already look pretty without the dress." Sagiso made a smile towards me as she stared up, a light pink flushed both of her cheeks yet she made our eyes meet without any hesitation.

"HM?! Wh-what the hell are you on?! Complimenting me all of a sudden?!" She wasn't like this at all! I'm in more danger being ANYWHERE near her! I mean I knew that she had stabbed me in the heart multiple times but those frozen and heating spells kept on casted!

Dual wielding is cheating!

"Huh? I'm just telling the truth, that's all. But either way, your choice of dresses is as great as ever. Really expresses your legs and collarbone really well, I can never understand how everytime you choose these they end up perfect." Sagiso tugged on her hair as she hung her head and blinked over at my black heels. Each word she spoke made that venom in my heart spread further, the tingles reached up to my throat and made me gulp. My face heated up once more and shook my head, took a few steps back.

"Stop it! You're making me lose my mind!" My voice cracked while I shut my eyes, shook my head. I put my palms forward to cover her face and to also shield her eyes to not take a glance at me.

"I thought you'd say something about you being the best at fashion again, but instead I see you being cute." Sagiso spoke, then a light cough came after her statement. "Ahem, sorry, I tend to do that when I see a pretty girl."

"So you're telling me I'm not pretty all the time–"

"I hope the Prince is a charming person, just like you'd like." She cut me off with that tone like a cold midnight wind and chilled me.

"Wha?" I put both of my hands down to my side, "What the hell are ya talkin about now? We both know that I'm not allowing myself to marry them. This whole thing is just for politics, why are you saying that bullshi–"

Before I could finish my sentence, I noticed that Sagiso had glanced at the side. They kept that fake smile, yet this time it was so clearly flimsy. Their gaze glittered underneath the light as liquid gathered in their eyes.

I shot my eyes wide open,

"Jie, why the hell are you like that?"

"Uh, like what?" Sagiso feigned ignorance, tilted her head at me as she still refused to lay her gaze on my face.

"Like you're about to cry, dumbass. Don't try to hide shit." I took a step forward, and she did the opposite action to keep the distance between us.

"I errr–"

"Don't lie."

"I just... I don't know either, okay? I..." Sagiso hung her head as she pressed her back against the door, glanced at the ground. Her mouth was wide open, even though I waited for more than a minute, no sound came out of it.