Torment

Child death mentioned!!!

-Mere weeks ago, before Altea's destruction-

"I can't go on much longer Zarkon. She needs help now or she'll die!" Elara groaned in immense pain, laying on her and Zarkon's shared bed, with him kneeling beside her.

"We're out of options, by the time you give birth, she'll be gone." Zarkon said.

Elara and Zarkon were struggling. They have had been wanting children of their own since the moment they got married two years ago.

Elara's pregnancy has gone smoothly until a comet struck Daibazaal. She studied the massive rift it left behind after Alfor took the comet to Altea. Her unborn daughter was affected heavily, she's weak and may not make it.

"There's only one more option. Voltron. The rift's contents can save her. It's the only way." Elara said. She wanted nothing more than to save her baby.

Zarkon thought long and hard only to agree with his wife. He wasn't about to lose his wife and unborn daughter. He wouldn't have.

He tried conversing with Alfor and the other paladins only for them to deny him access to the rift. He was furious.

He took the matter into his own hand and brought Elara, who was on the brink of death to rift. The things she saw haunted her, she was engulfed in darkness and her screams of pain and terror over and over again. -

-present time-

Elara sat upright suddenly, out of her reoccurring nightmare. She looked around to see Zarkon beside her, slumbering peacefully.

She exhaled heavily. She touched under her eyes to feel moisture. She had unknowingly been crying in her sleep.

She knew why. She'd never forget the day she lost her little one. Her and Zarkon's daughter was born after they had awaken on deathbeds.

Their daughter was born deceased. If the paladins had let them save her sooner she would've been alive. Zarkon and Elara wanted revenge. Their home was destroyed, they lost their daughter, they lost their minds.

The memory tormented Elara every single night. She couldn't bring herself to have more children. She just couldn't.

Even though Zarkon would eventually need a purebred heir to the throne, he didn't know if he could bring himself to try and have a child. It was too painful.

Elara was cruel and vicious but this was something that hurt too much. She always wanted to be a mother. Her dreams were taken from her.

She sat there in bed, shedding tears. Zarkon shifted in bed, his ear twitching because of her sniffles.

Galra are fiercely protective of their mates, as well as very loyal. Zarkon and Elara were no different.

"What's wrong?" He asked, sitting upright immediately when he saw her tears.

"Every single time I try to sleep... I see her. I see Sitara. The memory won't go away." Elara sniffled.

Zarkon knew it hurt her. He was also greatly affected by her daughter's death.

"She didn't live for a minute. She was gone and we never even got to tell her we loved her because of that damn Alfor!" She snapped.

"It's alright... We have our revenge. We will find a way to be with her once more. I promise." Zarkon said to his wife, who nodded and wiped away her tears.

Yes. The two ruthless Galran rulers were going to do anything they had to if it meant being with their daughter again. Anything.