Father daughter time

Having a newborn around again was joyous, the bliss was something Zarkon and Elara loved... What they didn't love was getting up in the middle of the night when Bellatrix would start crying, which is now.

Zarkon would normally have given Bellatrix to her mother when she got hungry but thankfully Elara had pumped some milk and prepared a bottle so she wouldn't have to wake up and could get her much needed rest.

Zarkon was in the nursery with his two week old daughter who he had just given a bottle of milk. He burped her and was just working on putting her to bed... Again.

He was gently rocking her in his arms since she is so tiny compared to him. She was just staring up at her father with the eyes she inherited from her mother.

She looked tired enough so he placed her back in her bassinet thinking she'd fall asleep immediately. Wrong. She started to fuss and squirm, wanting more time with her father.

"Bellatrix, princess, I can't stay all night. You must get some sleep." Zarkon said to the upset newborn.

She started to cry once again so he really had no options.

"You win, five more minutes." He groaned and picked up Bellatrix but when he saw her 'newborn scrunch' he melted.

"However long you want, princess." He said, and cradled his daughter.

Baby Bellatrix cuddled up against her father's bare chest for warmth. She always curled up against her parents in moments like these.

For a while, Zarkon stayed with his daughter until she fell into heavy slumber. Surely their bond was unbreakable. She was his little girl after all.