New desires

Five hundred years flew by quickly. That tends to happen when you're busy conquering the universe.

The Galra Empire is now the most powerful empire around. It's left unchallenged. There's actually nobody to challenge them.

Zarkon and Elara were the two most powerful individuals alive. Still married, devoted, and loyal to each other.

They had everything. Zarkon was pleased to have control of everything even though he was still looking for the lions, so was Elara, however she felt something was missing.

Over the past years she's seen many Galran mothers and fathers bond with their kits.

She wanted that. She had always dreamt of being a mother. Her chance was taken from her. It's been 500 years since her and Zarkon's first child passed away.

She wanted a child more than anything. Zarkon was unaware of just how badly she wanted to have a kit, however he did have suspicions.

He too always wanted to be a father. He just didn't think it was the right time. If Elara was to get pregnant, he'd of course take care of her, but she'd get stressed out. He knew she was tough on the outside but on the inside, emotionally speaking, she would crumble if she lost another baby.

He wasn't going to rush her. Yes, he needs an heir, but he will wait for as long as he needs to, so he makes sure that his wife is ready to try for a kit.