The long delivery

After Elara's water broke, Zarkon rushed her to the infirmary where they've been there for 12 hours. By now it's late at night and neither of them knew when she'd be ready to start pushing. She was just getting through contractions.

It's been a pretty crappy 12 hours for Elara. Her contractions were painful enough to the point she wished her water never broke.

"How are fe-" Zarkon tried to ask once the doctor left.

"Don't you dare finish that question!" She snapped at him.

"I can leave." He scoffed.

"If you leave right, I will make it my mission to rip off your head and mount it on a wall!" She threatened him, her eyes glowing with pure fury.

"I'll stay." He said.

"Thank you love." She said, her mood changed rapidly.

Zarkon would be in for a long couple hours. He had no room to complain though, he's not the one giving birth.

Another 12 hours flew by and Elara was finally ready to push. Zarkon stood beside her holding her hand. Usually she would never show any emotion outside their bedroom but the pain was too much.

"Why did you do this to me?!" She yelled at Zarkon mid push.

"You asked for it." He mumbled.

"Rhetorical question you fool!" She growled through another push.

"One more push and you're done." The doctor, Haggar, said.

Zarkon was not at all a fan of having somebody look in between her legs. He in fact ordered that there be a female doctor delivering his kit solely because he didn't want a man looking in between her legs if it wasn't himself.

After one last push and scream of pain from Elara she felt a huge wave of relief followed by a soft cry.

"It's a boy." Zarkon said to his exhausted wife.

Haggar quickly cut the cord and cleaned off the very small newborn kit and went to give him to his mother but Elara was in a daze and hesitated to hold her son because of so many overwhelming emotions.

She didn't know which one to feel. The last child she gave birth to and held was deceased.

It was surreal. Her hands were trembling. She looked over to Zarkon who gave a small nod.

Haggar placed the newborn on her chest so he could imprint on his mother and left the room to give them some privacy.

Elara stared at her son in disbelief. He was moving, breathing, nestled into her smooth fur.

She didn't even notice she was crying. Not until she felt a tear felt onto her chest. She hadn't cried in so many years.

"He's alive." She finally choked out.

Zarkon stared at his son. He looked just like him just a little darker.

After a little Koltor, named by both parents, had his first meal and after he was burped. His father held him for the first time and he fell asleep in his arms while Elara got some much needed rest.