1: One Last Time

Chapter 1: One Last TimeApril

April

"I need you to miss me so you can know how it feels to lose the best thing you ever had."
[Author: Unknown]

Summer was supposed to be lit for the family and nothing but a whole vibe with new memories but instead of a vibe it was anything but that. Let alone the new memories they did have they wished they didn't. For April summer had seemed to pass by in somewhat of a haze and a thick cloud of fog. It was filled with dark clouds even on a nice summer day. There was no rainbows and definitely no sunshine. It was nothing like she expected it to be. There were wedding plans, trips, mini vacations, gatherings, barbecues, and a list of family activities to do but her family that she and Dave had built was now broken. Shit just wasn't the same anymore. The energy surrounding the family had been off like no other. Nothing had gone the way it had been planned. It was the usual let down for April. Summer had been that everything was good until the shoe dropped season for her. It was a season of tears, fake smiles, and walking around like everything was alright when it was far from it. Nothing was alright. It was a season of betrayals and let downs yet an absolute wakeup call for her.

There was no Dave finding himself and standing in front of their front lawn with an old ass boom box ready to lift her off her feet. There was no Dave at home pounding on their front door in the pouring rain begging to be let inside because he was willing to fight. It was a season of realization and understanding that fairytales just weren't true. You don't get your Prince Charming no matter how many slimy ass frogs you had to kiss. Meaning it didn't matter how many men you gave your heart to you most likely were liable to get your heart broken even by the person that was meant for you. Yet summer was a season where it was time to be stingy. April was tired of looking out for everybody but herself. She was tired of coming in last place. So now she was out for self. But here it was fall and fall meant shit was about to change and on this particular fall day it was a big day...a special day. Well a special day for Charlie aka Triple B...

Today was officially her first birthday/her birthday party and everyone was excited. Let alone Charlie's birthday meant April would soon be back outside and back to work. Of course Charlie didn't know none the wiser but with everybody in a happy mood so was she and that's all the mattered. What was supposed to be a cute small intimate little gathering filled with family had turned into a full blown showcase do to both of her fathers' Chris and Dave. April had told them that Charlie wouldn't even remember the day but they weren't trying to hear it. So now it was a full blown birthday celebration filled with family, close friends, and even some of their celebrity friends. It was being held at Chris's house of course because April didn't want that much foot traffic at hers. She was still low key weary about people and their intentions. The theme was Boss Baby 2 so there were cute little chocolate baby girls with freckles just like Charlie dressed in black suits decorated everywhere. It was actually a cartoon version of Charlie and they even had cartoon versions of Royalty and Kairi as Boss Baby's too. Just to take it up a notch April had gotten t-shirts with a picture of Charlie printed on the front of them from her first birthday photoshoot. So they were all collectively wearing them. She had even styled all three girls Charlie, Kairi, and Royalty's hair into 2 curly bun ponytails sticking to the theme. April was enjoying this moment though. It was a first for her and many, many more to come. Yet this was a moment she wished she could've shared with her first born.