9.1: Girls' Trip

9.1: Girls' Trip cont...
April

Alaina immediately stood to her feet. "Anybody want a drink? Yea we need a drink" she said not wanting something to pop off. She didn't want any confrontations to ruin their trip and most importantly not April's mood. She liked Tesha but she also low key felt like Tesha was overstepping. She hadn't been around long enough to question anything. Honestly she didn't know shit about shit to say or ask anything. If anything she needed to just be sitting down and reading the room.

April looked over at Alaina and laughed even though she knew exactly what Alaina and Ebony was thinking. But she refused to let anybody fuck up her mood. This past week had been way too good to and for her to let anybody do so. "Sis it ain't that deep"

It was that deep though. Alaina knew her sister and what Tesha had just suggested could certainly trigger April and she didn't need that happening. Let alone she knew exactly who her sister was and how she got down. She didn't want that for Tesha. Alaina kept her eyes on April before sitting back down giving her the benefit of doubt hoping that therapy had really did her some good.

Tesha raised her hands in the air surrendering sensing that things had possibly just turned left. "Sorry if I said too much or overstepped. That's not what I was trying to do"

"It's not a problem Tesha trust me. My ass has come a long way. By the way the last time I checked I was single as fuck and an adult" she said looking dead at her letting her know that she was about that life and to not accept her kindness for weakness. "But to answer ya question all I've been focusing on since the breakup is myself. If I'm not focusing on myself then that leaves room for me to drown into the deep end and I can't afford to do that to myself or my children. I have to focus on myself because if I don't who will. Sure I have my sisters and family but at night when everyone is gone it's just me" she said and paused thinking about all the shit she had to endure by herself. Who else could she focus on besides herself, her kids, and work? Men had been the last thing she wanted to deal with but she did want to have some adult fun every once in a while.

"Trust me the faith you have in Dave I had even more and even now when I shouldn't there's still this lil tiny ass nagging fragment of faith in him. He came into my life when I didn't know I needed him. I trusted him and gave him my heart not once but twice. What you're seeing isn't our first break up" April continued. "Every time something goes awry in our relationship his baby mama is the trigger that starts it all and our number one problem. Y'all don't see the full picture though but you will. Then tell me how you feel after you learned the truth. I've ignored so many red flags and reasons to choose myself and run but I love him too much to do so. Now don't get me wrong I fucking love us together just like y'all do. We deserve each other. We compliment each other. I think we're good for each other, we grow well together, and our love amplifies when we're together but he still has work to do on himself" she continued and paused letting the words seep in for all of the ones who didn't know half of what had been going on in her and Dave's relationship.