5: Survive the Night

Chapter 5: Survive the Night

I love you
You just take advantage 'cause you know I do
I can't wait until I'm strong enough to walk away
I can't wait until your love don't make me feel a way
[Survive the Night: By Chris Brown]

The Present...4 Months Later

April

It's funny how a nigga tells you all these magical words and that he's going to fight for you and sheds a few measly ass tears in front of not only you but your parents and his parents and instead of fighting he does the complete opposite because he damn sure wasn't fighting not from what April could see anyway. These past few months April's reality had changed tremendously and she was officially over Dave fighting for her or getting his shit together. He still wasn't ready to deal with his demons and she wasn't going to continue to push him and tell him what she wanted from him. It was pointless. He was doing everything else but fighting. Sure he wasn't out here chasing pussy and comfort from other bitches but he was out here living his life without her. From April's point of view Dave making it back home to her wasn't a factor. He seemed to just be working on his physical appearance and his career as a rapper, actor, and model or she could be wrong but that's what it felt and looked like to her. His career had been going good from what April could see. But she had long stopped checking for him so she didn't give a fuck what he was up to just as long as they were happily co-parenting and the kids were taken care of then she was straight. As long as nothing interfered with that she was good.

As far as her life she was single...single, on momma duty, and officially back at work. After Charlie's epic first birthday party April focused on her career. Things were still a little rocky because she was finally back after being gone for so long but it was smoothing out pretty nicely. She enjoyed being back at work doing what she loved and being around that whole environment. Everyone in her LA office had happily welcomed her back. They had even had a little welcome back party for her curtesy of Mimi. Besides being a great mother work is where she thrived and with the way media had went in on her and Dave's breakup and yet another epic fail of not making it down the aisle work was her safe haven. In those four walls the outside world didn't matter. Sure she knew that some of her employees gossiped but none of it had gotten out of hand to where she had to address it or felt disrespected. Besides she knew people talked. When the media got wind of their breakup life turned into a shit storm for a second and she was still dealing with the aftermath. Some people were genuinely upset about their breakup because they were so-called #goals. Some were hoping that their breakup was temporary. Some were saying that they knew they wouldn't last and were holding out hope for Dave and Millie to reconcile no matter how toxic their relationship was. If it wasn't toxic then it wasn't real enough because relationships had to be filled with arguments and bullshit.

Some were ready to hop off the bench to come scoop up Dave. Shit even men and women were trying to slide their way to April. Then there were the ones questioning why April couldn't successfully make it down the aisle or keep a man. Something obviously had to be wrong with her since she couldn't keep R&B sensation and GOAT Chris Brown and Harlem's Finest Dave East. No one was really questioning what they had done and why they couldn't keep April though. It was her fault that they left her and not the other way around like it truly was. Social media headlines were the absolute worst. Billionaire software tech April Blackmon ex fiancé/baby mama of Chris Brown and ex fiancé of Harlem rapper Dave East seem to be having trouble in paradise sis can't seem to keep a man. Or Billionaire April Blackmon can make money in her sleep but can't pay a man to stay. When she thought they couldn't get any worse that's just what they did. They got worse. Youtube channels were even making videos reacting to their breakup and acting like they had inside tea and didn't even have as much as a fuckin tea bag or a kettle to heat their luke warm water in. Once again she was painted as the villain because people refused to believe that their faves had fucked up.