12: Forgiveness

Chapter 12: Forgiveness April

April

Forgiveness; a conscious, deliberate decision to release feelings of resentment or vengeance toward a person or group who has harmed you, regardless of whether they actually deserve your forgiveness.

Vacation had come to an end and even with the guys crashing April and the girls trip it still ended on a good and peaceful note. Since it was pretty much the last day they had decided to have a little barbecue, play a little music, make drinks, smoke, and have some fun in the sun and in the pool. It turned into a barbecue/pool party and everyone had enjoyed themselves. Even April and Dave were good. There was no awkward moments, tension lingering in the air, and no bullshit. If anything the sexual tension was still highly present but they weren't acting on it. April had even turned down the pettiness towards Dave. Were they back together? No, but they were in a good place and with them going into business together it couldn't have worked out any better. They had only been back for a week but since being back they had been doing little activities with the kids as a family. It was as if they didn't want to go separate ways anymore. They wanted to be around each other. They hadn't been outside with the girls just yet as a whole but that would be changing during the holiday season. On the other hand the girls had been soaking it all in since April and Dave were being more cordial and friendly towards one another. They fed off the good vibes and it felt good to see their girls back like they use to be...all smiles.

When it came to April and Dave's one night stand April had absolutely no regrets about sharing a night well into the morning sexing, fucking, and making love to Dave. It's pretty funny how Dave always brought up her one night stand with Chris but was the main one who suggested having his own one night stand with her during her vacation. But it happened and she was cool with it. The only intimate thing they had done for the remainder of the trip was share a bed and of course Dave had given her those magical booty rubs but that was about it. He had been true to his word and a true gentleman. He didn't even try to apply any pressure about them getting back together. He understood that the trip was for her so he didn't let his feelings get in the way and ruin it for her. If anything he had actually made it better.

Sure it was supposed to be the week of their honeymoon so he was supposed to be there anyway but since their wedding had fell through the fact that he even showed up showed her that he still cared. Following her countries away and telling her to her face that he wasn't ready but he was getting help eased her mind. Just like she knew the exact moment that he felt like she needed him. It was at the very same time that she had entered the bedroom of her private jet and started writing in her journal writing him a four page letter. He felt that calling while she was crying out to him on paper and to answer that calling did something to her. She knew then that he would follow her to the end of the earth and no matter what they went through their souls would always call out to each other.

On the other hand April treated their one night stand as such and didn't put more thought into it. She didn't want to get stuck in her head about the what if's especially knowing that he wasn't ready for anything serious. If anything about that night it made her take him a little bit more serious. She didn't feel like he was roping her along. Yet at the same time she was still holding him at an arms reach because she didn't want to hurt her own feelings by giving in. The apology he had given her is one she didn't know she needed. She didn't know if he was in her head reading her thoughts but he apologized for things that she hadn't even voiced to him. He read her through and through and not just that but thoroughly. It was an apology she never thought she'd hear from him.