4: Beautiful Lies

Chapter 4: Beautiful LiesDave

Dave

And I'm in this place with you, woah
Where every day it's like you're under attack
And we can't keep gettin' down like that (Ooh-ooh, ooh)
'Cause we be fallin' out, you keep fuckin' up
You apologize and I suck it up
I just stick around, try to toughen up
Is the love enough? You're tellin' me
[Beautiful Lies: By Yung Bleu & Kehlani]

Ding Dong
Ding Dong
Ding Dong

The sound of the doorbell repeatedly going off had Dave on his heels stalking to the front door like a mad man to see who the hell was at their front door ringing it like they had a fuckin problem. Whomever it was had to be family because the bell going off was certainly from the front door and not at the front gate entrance. Two names popped in his head immediately which only made him groan. It had to be either Shooter or August shit possibly both up to some fuck shit because no one else would ring the bell like that. Dave stalked to the door with his mug very present and swung the door open ready to go off. He had a long night tossing and turning and when he finally let sleep take over niggas were ringing the doorbell like it was a fuckin emergency.

"What the fuck y'all-" he cut himself off immediately recognizing not only his mother but April's as well as both of their fathers and with the looks on their faces he knew the cat was officially out of the bag. He wiped his hand over his face and sighed. This was about to be one hell of a day. "My fault I thought y'all were Shooter and August" he said as he moved to the side to allow them entry. Now he understood why April had just dropped the girls off at their auntie's place not too long ago. She claimed they were having an auntie and niece day and maybe they were but now he knew it was because of their parent's impromptu pop up.

"Jr is it true" his mother spoke up first and asked as they walked further inside the house. Even as they stepped through the threshold they could feel the vibe and the tension. Everything felt off when normally it felt welcoming and now it felt like they didn't want visitors. It looked like a place they could call home but it felt cold without actually being cold.

"Is what true" he feigned confused knowing damn well they knew what was up. It was written all over their faces. It was a mixture of concern, worry, disappointment, and disbelief. Shit Ian's face alone looked like he was ready to put his foot in his ass and he couldn't blame him. He had done everything he said he wouldn't do to his daughter.

"That's my cue" Ian said not even about to go there with Dave then looked over at Ananda who hadn't mustered a single hello. "Come on mommy let's go find Peanut" he grabbed her hand and they started walking off. This is what Dave didn't want to happen but he knew April's parents were making her a priority as they should. He was trying his best to not get theirs parents involved but it was inevitable. Everyone was involved at this point. Besides if they held off any longer it would've caused more harm than good. Honestly they really didn't have enough time to sit on the information that they were broken up and the wedding was off. They had too much to do to cancel everything so the longer they would've waited the messier the whole situation would've become.