13: Don't Give It Away

Chapter 13: Don't Give It AwayApril

April

Don't give it away
You know it's mine, tell me who gon' make you feel this way?
So many times I fucked up with you, but I'm done with the games
Act like I wanted you to leave, but girl, I need you to stay
Don't give it away, no, no
[By: Fridayy ft. Chris Brown]

Later That Night...

Knock Knock

The sound of someone knocking on April's bedroom door turned her away from her laptop. She was in the middle of doing a few things for work while she had a little down time. It was late night and the kids were sleep while everyone else was doing their own thing so it could only be one person in particular.

"David what do you want" April asked laughing already knowing that it had to be him. The kids would've bum rushed inside of the room like it was theirs.

"Damn what I do now" he asked as he opened the door and poked his head inside.

"Bothering me while I'm working" she answered as she looked up from her glasses at him then back at the screen of her laptop.

"It looks like you need some help"

She laughed. "You do remember what I do for a living right"

He shrugged. "You have a lot of jobs so I don't know which one ya working at right now but it looks like you need help"

"Lawd just bring ya ass in" she said and shook her head. She still didn't know what was going on between her and Dave. He wasn't being pushy but he was worming his way back into her life. It felt like he wasn't giving her a second to even think about wanting to be with someone else. He wasn't necessarily clingy either. He was just present.

"Real talk I just wanted to check on you and this was the only time I had to get you alone since the girls are sleep. I know we're trying not to confuse them or get their hopes up" he said as he eased inside, closed the door behind himself, then made his way over to the bed. Getting himself comfortable he kicked off his slides and sat up against the headboard.

She nodded. "I feel like you've been checking on me a lot lately" she said while her fingers tapped danced across the keyboard.

"Can't help it" he shrugged. "Besides today was an emotional day for you"

"It was but I'll manage. I don't feel bad. I'm actually relieved. It was something I wanted to do for a while now and now I got some answers. I'm a just take it one day at a time and see if I actually get my sister back" After her talk with Hazel she had been feeling so much better. She had received the answers she was searching for as well as she got to release some steam. Let alone she was just glad that Hazel had realized that she had never been the problem and that it was all in her head as well as self doubt and plain ole jealousy. April was just an easy target for her to take her frustrations out on.