17: Closure

Chapter 17: ClosureApril

Chapter 17: Closure
April

closure noun (EMOTIONAL)
the feeling or act of bringing an unpleasant situation, time, or experience to an end, so that you are able to start new

"Please tell me that's the last box because you got the room looking like we just moved in" April mumbled more so to herself as she watched Dave bring in yet another box inside of their bedroom.

Dave had been playing no games and sticking to his guns. By the time they came back from Jersey he was at the house packing up his and Kairi's belongings. They hadn't even been back for a full week and he was already on go. Both his and Kairi's belongings were back home where they rightfully belonged like he had never unpacked their things to begin with. For Kairi that meant it was a party because baby girl had been overly excited like no other to be back home and not leaving again. April had been gradually hanging her clothes back up in her closet and putting her toys away in her toy chests and cubbies. High key April had been excited to have her baby back home and it showed every time she wandered into Kairi's bedroom just to see her sitting around playing about in her room as if she had never left. Even Charlie had been on her heels more than she normally was and Kairi soaked it all in. April knew that this had to be the last and final go around for her and Dave because she couldn't bear to put Kairi in that type of situation again. They couldn't do the back and forth and snatching kids away from each other again. It was too damn toxic and traumatic for the kids and even themselves and she wanted no parts of a dysfunctional family. Family was law and too damn important where she was from and how she was raised.

"So we're back home" April said as she watched Dave bring in what she hoped was NOW his last box of belongings inside of their bedroom. It looked like he brought back more shit than he originally took because she knew damn well he still had some shit leftover in his closet because he hadn't taken everything. But that was neither here nor there. They had gotten home Sunday afternoon and here it was already a new week and she was more than ready to get some much needed answers to what was going on with Dave and where did it leave her when it came to being in a relationship with him. It was bad enough that she was one foot in and one foot out the door when she wanted to be all in and on the same page as him. Shit she knew they were in the same urban book but she at least wanted them to be on the same chapter at least. Yet she needed those answers to know whether or not if she should follow her heart instead of her brain and just leave him be. Then again leaving him alone was something she didn't quite think she could do again. She didn't think she was capable of just co-parenting with him or being his so called friend. With the bond they had they would just keep reaching out to each other no matter what was going on. They had to make this shit work. They had to give it their all this time around. They had too much at stake to be fuckin around with each other's feelings like that. Let alone she knew Dave was going to eventually get tired of her being hot and cold.

"Ma can you fix my closet back to the way you had it before? I'll take everything out and you hang it up since you're into all that organizing and shit. I'll even help wherever you need me to" Dave asked as he looked over at her and bypassed what she had said to him.