11: ICU

Chapter 11: ICUApril

Chapter 11: ICU
April

Maybe I just feel lost without you
I'm just pissed off without you
Baby, my life's just off without you
Maybe you're worth it all to me, baby
Maybe, maybe
Just maybe
[ICU: By Coco Jones]

Have you ever had a connection with someone that was so strong and so damn deep that no matter how much you wanted and tried your hardest to pull away from them you simply couldn't? Sure you could restrain yourself here and there and keep your distance but in the end that person is always able to sink their teeth into you. Like a vampire to blood. A moth to a flame. A bee to honey. You feel that magnetic pull so damn strong that you have no choice but to comply. That was April and Dave. She wanted to be mean. She wanted to be petty. She wanted to make him a feel an ounce of how she felt when he walked away. She wanted him to know what it felt like to be without her. She wanted him to feel how she felt waking up and going to bed alone. She wanted him to know how it felt to have your kids looking and asking questions about why daddy wasn't home and why did they have to live somewhere else. But in her heart she knew just how she felt like shit and all was lost that in the end he did feel it too and maybe ten times worse than how it felt to her because he was the one who fucked up and had to live with the aftermath.

Yet here she was again letting her guard down and disregarding everything she was supposed to be doing. Or everything she thought that she was supposed to be doing? She was supposed to be focusing on herself and not him but damn it he made it so damn hard when it was just the two of them. Nothing else in the world mattered when they were in their bubble. She was wrapped in his embrace and eating his words like they were food for her soul. Their lips...their bodies conformed to each other meshing perfectly well at the seams like they were made for each other. Their breaths and heartbeats in sync like they lived and breathed as one and for each other. What was supposed to feel like torture was anything but that. They felt whole. They felt connected. They felt at peace. They felt like home...sanctuary...a safe haven. Finally together their hearts found their rhythm.

There were no doubts about what would happen tomorrow. There were no regrets. There was no uncertainty. There were no thoughts of losing her dignity. The feelings she felt for running back to Chris a million times she didn't feel in Dave's arms. Dave was different. What they had was different. She couldn't pinpoint and tell when he actually started to change but for the past few weeks she felt a shift in him. After he spoke to her and filled her in on some of what went down between him and Millie she felt more at peace as if things were finally looking up for them.

Now here she was letting go of everything. Letting go of her inhibitions. Letting go of all the hurt. Letting go of all the pain even if it was just for the night. Here she was entrapped in Dave's arms and aura while he kissed her setting her whole soul on fire. She felt the heat rising in her body. She felt the temperature around them rising. She felt the electricity bouncing from his body to hers and hers to his body. His hands roamed her body from gripping her neck to trailing down her spine. Then sailing past her ass to grip her thighs then trailing slowly back up just to grip all the ass that he could. Moaning in her mouth giving and speaking life into her soul that had been lying dormant since the day he walked away. He was giving her his all and she was willingly receiving it.