[volume 1] Black and White

First Person POV

So me,  Blake and this "Sun" fellow, are now outside a random cafe  after a few days of wondering about  aimlessly. we have been drinking tea, each one of us waiting to tell the other about each other's past, Blake was the one who broke the ice. 

Blake: (after take a sip of tea) so... you wanna know more about me.

Sun: Finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you've given me nothing but small talk and weird looks! (Blake gives Sun a firm look) Yeah, like that.

Y/N: (Speaking sarcastically) Well Blake wouldn't e herself is she doesn't fully trust you also, when you try to talk about traumatic experiences, it tends to take time, ya know? 

Blake: (rolls her eyes before closing them and looking at him and me sadly) Sun, Y.N ... Are you familiar with the The white fang?

Y/N: Nope, just know they full of Faunus and now they disliked, why?

Sun: Of course! I don't think there's a Faunus on the who hasn't heard of them. (taking a glance at me) or "Tenno",  Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks, if you ask me!

Blake: (sips her drink while listening until she speaks up for the big reveal) I was once a member of the White Fang.

Y/N: oohhh, that would explain the outbreak at beacon. 

Sun: (promptly goes cross-eyed and chokes on his drink, making him put it down and wipe his mouth as he holds up a hand to process this information) Wait a minute, you were a member of the White Fang?!

Blake: That's right. I was a member for most of my life, actually. You could almost say I was born into it. Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between Humans and the Faunus. Of course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And I was there, I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. I actually thought we were making a difference. But I was just a youthful optimist... Then, five years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking.

Y/N: Guess it was then it turned around for everyone involved.

Blake: (she nods at me before Pausing for a moment before continuing)Suddenly, our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us, hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor. And the worst part was, it was working. We were being treated like equals. But not out of respect... out of fear.

Y/N: How can people be so stupid to think violence is always the answer? You can only use it so far before it finally turns on you, there is always another way.

Blake: So, I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence, and instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a Huntress. So here I am: a criminal hiding in plain view, all with the help of a little black bow. (she wiggles her cat ears beneath the fashionable disguise to demonstrate)

Sun: (coming to terms with this) So... have you told your friends any of this?

Blake merely looks down in shame and says nothing.

Y/N: look, if it helps you in anyway, only Ozpin and the professors all know of where i came from.

Sun: (Now looking at me) Oh yeah? then where do you come from? I never heard of a "Tenno" before, Is it some type of cult Based in atlas or something?