[volume 3] Lessons learned

First Person POV

I was about to go out to see the next game but yang decided to invited me into her team's dorm where Ruby and Qrow where playing some type of frame fighter rip off.

Ruby: You'll never beat me, old man!

Qrow:  You're nothing but talk, kid!

Yang:  You can do it, Ruby!

Then the entire scene is revealed to be in team RWBY's dorm room at Beacon Academy, and the screen of the video game Ruby and Qrow are playing is shown just as one of the pixelated ninjas decapitates the other, with the announcer saying "SOARING NINJA WINS! TOTAL ANNIHILATION!" Qrow grins at his victory as Ruby lowers her head in shame.

Yang: (whispering) Ouch.

Y/N: It was one sided from the beginning anyway. 

Qrow: And by the way, don't ever call me old.

Yang: (pushing her sibling out of her spot as she grabs the spinning controller from the air) My turn!

Qrow: (while the game begins again with "NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!") Now, where was I?

Ruby: (popping up from behind the two players excitedly) You were telling us about your last mission!

Qrow: Right, right...I'd come across a small village in the swamps west of Mistral. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right.

Ruby: What were you doing there?

Qrow: I needed information. Tired from battling Grimm along the way, I decided to start my search at the town's inn. The place was crawling with lowlifes and thugs, even a few Huntsmen that I could only assume had been hired by less-than reputable people for less-than respectable jobs. And that's when it happened.

Yang:  What happened?

Qrow:  I was defeated... by the mere sight... (suddenly he grins) of the innkeeper's skirt length!

Y/N: (smirking) You dirty old Crow.

 Qrow is interrupted by a thrown dog-head pillow, which Qrow deftly catches much to Yang's ire (not helped by the game announcer calling out once more "SOARING NINJA WINS! TOTAL ANNIHILATION!").

Yang: You are the worst!

Qrow: (after he and Ruby laugh at Yang's anger) Best two out of three?

Ruby: (as she seats herself on Weiss' bed) So, Uncle Qrow, did you get in trouble with Ozpin?

Qrow: (waving the question off) Nah, me and Oz go way back. We're cool.

Yang: (scoffing) Cool for an old guy.

Qrow: (looking mad now) Not funny.

Ruby: So, what are you doing here anyway? I thought Dad said that you would be on a mission, for like... ever.

Qrow: (getting back into the game at the sound of "READY? FIGHT!") Well, a professional Huntsman like myself is expected to get results, as soon as possible.

Ruby: Yeeeeaaaah, I get that. (laughs) We're pretty much pros, too.

Qrow: Oh, really?

Yang: Psch, yeah! Read the news sometime. We totally saved Vale while you were gone.

Qrow: Funny, because I heard Vale suffered a Grimm attack after you almost managed to stop a train. (leaning over to rub it in his niece's face as she scowls at the repeated "SOARING NINJA WINS! TOTAL ANNIHILATION!") But they don't give out medals for almost.