Chapter 7 - Snowball

After Izuku disappeared, Mina's classmates swarmed her and asked questions about the vigilante.

"How do you know him?"
"When did you meet?"
"Do you know his name?"
"Do you know how he looks like?"
"Is he your boyfriend?"

Mina blushed at the last question, but quickly calmed down. She needed to tell them the truth.

"First question. I know him, because he saved me from some thugs after I send a SOS message to a random phone number, turns out it was his. We texted a bit and that's why I know him." Mina answered.

"Second. I met him like a week ago." Mina said while recalling the events of their meeting.

"Third. Yes, I do know his name, but I won't share it if he doesn't want to." Mina said seriously.

"And finally. Yes, I do know how he looks like, and no, he isn't my boyfriend... yet." Mina said with a smirk.

"So you like him?" Toru asked quickly, jumping with excitement.

"Uhh... I think so?" Mina replied, unsure of her own feelings.

Next day - With Izuku

Izuku woke up next day, and decided to text Mina. He was worried, because she could have a trauma after the villains' attack.

I: Hey, Mina. I just wanted to ask if you're feeling alright after the incident.

Izuku placed his phone on the table, and started his daily training session while waiting for her response. He began with some simple push-ups in series of 50.

After the sixth set was done, he heard his phone buzzing, indicating that he got a message. He stood up and walked to the table.

  M: Hi Izu! I'm okay. Thanks to you, again. 😅"

I: Good to hear that. Anyways, I'm leaving for the patrol, so goodbye.

M: Bye! Good luck and be safe please. ❤️

Izuku then changed into his vigilante suit and left the warehouse in search for anyone who needed help.

He jumped from one rooftop to another, scanning the city. Suddenly, Izuku spotted a weird looking man with a child, walking in a small alley. He had a plague mask on his face. The small girl looked genuinely scared and her arms were covered in bandages. The Vigilante quickly noticed that something was wrong about those two. He jumped down, into the alley.

"Hello, sorry for bothering you, but I noticed that the girl isn't looking very good. Something happened?" Izuku said, mask covering his face.

"Oh, yeah. She fell from her bike yesterday, but everything is alright." The man responded calmly, but his eyes showed a glint of anger.

"Those wounds don't look like they are from falling off the bike." Izuku said seriously, looking at the now surprised man.

"Oh really? I thought I would let you live, but you seem to be too curious." He said, taking off his gloves.

That's when Izuku realised who this man was. It was the leader of yakuza, Overhaul. He quickly prepared for a fight and started to think of a plan.

Overhaul jumped at the Vigilante, trying to grab his head. Izuku swiftly dodged the attack and backed away a bit. The villain continued to attack the boy, trying to disintegrate his body. He quickly noticed that it wasn't possible, so he used his quirk on the ground, creating something that looked like spikes. Izuku launched himself at the villain, before he could attack with them. The green haired boy quickly slammed Overhaul's head into the wall on his left, effectively knocking him out. He tied up the villain and called the police to pick him up.

"Hey, your safe now. You don't need to be scared." Izuku said, walking to the small girl.

"A-Are y-you a h-hero, s-sir?" The small girl asked shyly.

"Not quite, but I save people from danger. Anyways, where are your parents?" Izuku asked while patting the girls head.

"T-They a-are d-d-dead..." She answered, tears streaming down her face.

"Shhh... it's okay. I will take care of you. What's your name?" Izuku asked calmly, hugging the little girl.

"M-My name is E-Eri, s-sir." She said after calming down a bit.

"You can call me Izuku if you want, okay?" He said, picking the girl up, and heading towards his home.

"O-Okay." She replied, quickly falling asleep in the boy's arms.