Chapter 22 - Darkness

Mina was playing with Eri when she noticed Izuku's mood dropped. She looked at him and decided to talk with the greenette.

"Hey, Eri? Can you go play in your room alone for some time?" Mina asked.

"Oh..." The little girl looked sad at the beginning, but when she looked at her papa she understood what Mina meant. "Okay, Mama!"

Eri ran back to her room and left the two teenagers alone in the living room. Mina walked over to the couch and sat next to Izuku.

"Hey, Izuku? What's wrong?" She asked.

"Oh, uh... What?" He snapped back into reality and looked at the pink girl.

"I asked, what's wrong? And don't even try to say that it's nothing!" Mina said.

"Oh... I just have some things to do, nothing to worry about." Izuku lied.

"Do you really think I will believe it?" Mina said seriously. "I see that something is wrong and it isn't something small or unimportant!"

"Hehe, you've got me here." He replied and scratched the back of his head.

"Sooo?" The girl asked.

"Well, I just realised some things. First one is, that I'm obvious a tragic dad to Eri. I really try hard, but I'm sure anyone could do better." He began. "And the guys I killed..."

"What?!" Mina yelled looking into the greenette's eyes.

"Oh, you don't know about this obviously." Izuku said. "Some time ago, I went on a patrol as usual. After some time of running around, I overheard some guys talking in a small alley. Turned out, that they were children traffickers. I followed them to their base, which was an abandoned warehouse. When I entered, there was nothing suspicious, but then I headed to the basement..."

Izuku's eyes started filling with tears. He didn't want to remember those events. Not even a second.

That's when Mina did something, that she thought was a good idea. She hugged the now crying boy and began to whisper to his ears.

"It's okay, it was not your fault." She whispered calmly.

Izuku took some time to calm his emotions, but when he did, he continued on the story.

"So, in the basement, there were cages, lockers or other boxes, filled with kids. Most of them were dead bodies." He shuddered as he recalled the view. "I-I was furious, s-so I entered the thugs' room. They were laughing. T-That's when I snapped and I started to slaughter them all. I-I killed them, M-Mina. I am a murderer."

To put it simply, Mina was shocked. She knew that killing people was illegal and she knew that heroes can't purposefully harm another person. Mina knew all of this facts, yet she still thought that she would've done the same. The criminals didn't deserve to live in prison.

"Look me in the eyes, Izu." She said. "I know that what you did was, and still is illegal, but I think you did the right thing."

"You know, maybe you shouldn't be a hero with this type of law obedience." He said jokingly after wiping his eyes.

"Well, just don't tell Aizawa about this." Mina said while she laughted. "And about Eri. I think you're the best father she could ever ask for. But, if you're still not convinced, I can take on the role of her mother and help you."

After Mina said that, the pink skinned girl quickly realised what she just said. Her face began to heat up as she blushed madly. She wanted to say something, but was interrupted by Izuku.

"I guess it's a good idea. Eri is already calling you her 'Mama', so I guess it's alright." He said. "I'm not sure if you really want this, but you can live with us, in the guest's room."

'Oh. My. God.' Mina thought. Her crush invited her to live with him! 'I really love this guy, huh?'

AN: Hi! I apologise again, for the long pauses in posting. I'm trying to post as much as I can, but I also don't want to post some short chapters.

Let me know in the comments if I should change anything in the story or writing.

Have a nice day/night!
Retr0