Chapter 31 - Back

The sound of the heartbeat monitor stopped. Every person present in the room looked down at the person who saved many, many lives defeating the famous League of Villains. Their eyes filled with tears as they realised that he wasn't going to wake up. Izuku was transported to the hospital as soon as he was found, almost dead in his own dorm room. All doctors tried to heal his wounds, but his heart still stopped about 10 minutes after arriving at the healing centre.

Mina couldn't express her feelings, so she just sat next to Izuku's bed, her eyes stuck on his, begging that they would just open suddenly, proving that all this wasn't real. But it wasn't happening. His eyes weren't opening, his fingers weren't twitching and his heartbeat was still silent. Everyone slowly left the room, leaving the teens alone in the room with the doctor.

"I know it's hard for you, but we need you to leave" said the doctor. "We will run some tests and try everything we can to bring him back, but after so much time with his heart stopped, I don't think it's possible to revive him."

"Okay." Mina said, slowly making her way out of the room, dullness filling her eyes as she passed the doorway. "Just... try every option you have, please"

The night passed by, as the pink skinned girl laid on the bed looking hopelessly at the ceiling of her lover's room. Her phone wasn't ringing, indicating that there is no news about Izuku's condition. In the morning, she heard a vibration coming from the desk. She stood up and looked at her screen, her eyes widening at the one, single text message displayed at her lock screen.

I: Hey, you alright?

Mina couldn't believe what she just looked at. She didn't even know how to reply, so she just dashed out of the dorm room, straight to the hospital.

As the pink girl reached Izuku's room, she barged in and looked at the bed his body was laying in yesterday. And there he was, sitting on the bed, looking out the window with tears streaming down his face. He looked at her, wiped the tears from his face and smiled.

"Stop faking your smile, I know you never do it" Mina said as she ran up to the boy and crushed him in a hug. "I was so scared..."

"I'm sorry, but I had to stop those villains from harming anyone else" Izuku said, returning the hug with his arm.

"You idiot! You risked your life!" Mina yelled at him and punching him slightly. "You look like a dead corpse!"

"I guess it's reasonable." Said the doctor who just entered the room. "Mr. Void, your heart wasn't beating for over 6 hours, which in most of the cases would mean death. We, of course, used every known method to keep your internal organs working, but it was still pretty obvious you couldn't survive. However, a miracle happened and your still with us."

"Thank you, when can I leave?" Izuku asked, looking at his stump.

"Well, you're still wounded, so in a week maybe." The doctor replied, as he looked at the boy being literally squeezed back to the grave by the pink skinned girl.

'All for One, you will have to wait a bit' Izuku thought to himself. 'My mom trusted me to defeat the evil of this world and I will keep my promise'

Hey, who would have thought, huh? A new chapter, after so long? They literally released a new season of BNHA anime before I posted it xD. However, thanks everyone for 60k views and 1k votes! I guess a new chapter will be posted... in the future. ;)