Chapter 18 - Secrets

Izuku was going back to his room, but he quickly heard someone running behind him. He turned around and he noticed the bush of the pink hair.

"Heeey, Izu! Do you mind if I go to your room again? I want to spend more time with Eri..." Mina said while fiddling with her fingers.

"Of course you can, Mina. Eri really likes you. She even calls you 'Mama'." Izuku replied simply.

"Yay!" The pink girl cheered. They both made their way to Izuku's room and went inside.

"Eri isn't here?" Mina asked worriedly.

"Nope, she is with Nezu right now. He is teaching her some basic knowledge, which I'm grateful for." Izuku said. "Do you want to eat something? I can make some food quickly."

"Oh, if you insist. I'd like some Katsudon, please." Mina said while sitting on the couch.

"You like it too?" Izuku asked.

"Like? I love Katsudon!" Mina replied happily.

"Okay, I will go to the kitchen now. If you want you can turn the TV on." He said before leaving the living room.

Mina quickly stood up and went to Izuku's room.
When she opened the door, she was shocked. The room was pretty plain, but some things picked her interest. First one was an electric guitar standing in the corner of the room and the second one was a katana changing on the wall. She noted it in her head to ask him about those two things, before leaving the room and heading back to the living room.

"Sorry it took so long. I'm not a chief, but I hope you will enjoy the food." Izuku said after entering the room with two bowls in his hands.

"Thank you, Izu! Itadakimasu!" Mina said before digging in her food.

"Itadakimasu." Izuku replied before he started eating too.

"Izuku, it's so good!" Mina said after a while.

"You really think so? My mom teached me how to prepare some food..." Izuku said, his voice showing some sadness.

"Something wrong?" Mina asked.

"No... Not at all." Izuku replied with a fake smile on his face.

"Uhh... I'm not sure if you know that, but you never smile. The fake one isn't gonna work." Mina said with worry in her tone.

"You got me there, hehe." He said.

"So, what's going on?" The pink girl asked while looking him in the eyes.

"So, you know that I was a vigilante, right?" Izuku started. "I didn't want to be a hero, because of an incident that happened over 2 years ago. I was going back home after the school, but that's when I noticed a huge cloud of black smoke, hovering above the apartments I lived in. I wanted to run inside, but I quickly stopped after seeing the building crashing down. I just stood there, watching my house with my mom inside, burning and falling apart.
The worst thing was, that there were heroes too, they were watching the scene, but none of them even tried to stop the fire."

"I-I'm sorry Izu... I didn't know you had such a tragic story." Mina said before standing up from the couch and wrapping her arms around the greenette. "Sorry for bringing this up..."

"Don't worry, Mina. I'm not mad." Izuku said as he returned the embrace.

"Also, before I forget about this, can I ask you something?" Mina asked suddenly.

"Yeah? What is it?" Izuku responded.

"I saw your room, and I noticed two odd things inside." Mina began. "Although I get that the katana must be a weapon you're using while being on patrols, I have no idea about the guitar."

"Oh, I just bought one some time ago and I learned how to play it. Also I practiced singing a bit." Izuku answered honestly.

"Can you sing something for me?" Mina asked shyly.

"Yeah, of course." He replied.