011 : The Party and Hawkins Lab

~x~

~x~

Liza and Steve walked ahead of the group, eyes scanning around the woods for any sign of the demodogs. Every twig snap or leaf blowing in the wind made Liza's heart rate pick up, she inched closer to Steve to try and keep calm. Every so often their hands would brush against each other and the action would make Steve blush.

"If you want to hold my hand, just do so already." Liza spoke, eyes never straying from her surroundings. "Aren't you supposed to be King Steve?" Liza's taunt gave Steve the push he needed and his fingers interlaced with hers. The blonde chuckled, letting their hands swing between them.

"I'll show you King Steve." He whispered hotly in her ear, causing a surprised huff to leave Liza. The warmth of his body retreated slightly and Liza had to take a breath to calm her nerves. 

"Children are present." Liza scolded under her breath, Steve just chuckled and squeezed her hand. Silence fell between them, the only sound was the bickering from Dustin and Lucas.

"Dart ate Mews!" Liza and Steve whipped around to stare wide eyed at Lucas. Dustin was stuttering, trying to defend himself. "I knew you kept him!"

"You would have known this earlier if you were actually listening to us and not staring at Max." Liza raised her brows at Lucas as she approached the kids, making the boy avoid the ginger's wide eyed stare. Dustin was still trying to deny the accusation but Liza said his name in warning.

"He missed me!" Dustin finally caved, shoulders drooping. "He wanted to come home!" 

Liza furrowed her brows, the whole party had already known about Dart, which meant he had kept it from her for longer than she had known. She wasn't sure she wanted to know how long the creature had been in her house. If she did know, she may actually kill her brother.

"Thought siblings were supposed to tell each other things?" Liza scoffed, eyes narrowed at her brother. Dustin looked at her with a pleading expression, a silent beg for her to believe that he wanted to tell her. Shaking her head, she looked away from him as she crossed her arms.

"I didn't know he was a demogorgon! Okay!" Dustin continued, eyes going back to Lucas.

 Steve pulled Liza into him so her back was against his torso, the blonde rested her head against his chest and Steve placed his chin on her shoulder. He kept his eyes scanning the surrounding area, knowing that Liza was probably too focused on the kids to do so herself.

"Guys! Who cares!" Max finally had enough, throwing her hands up in frustration. "We have to go!" She took a step forward but no one made to follow her. Liza sent her a frown, eyes glancing at her brother before nodding. Max knew what she meant, she needed to let the boys hash it out otherwise they were going to get nowhere.

"I care! You put the Party in jeopardy!" Lucas yelled, poking a finger towards Dustin. "You broke the rule of law!"

"So did you! You told a stranger the truth!" Dustin argued back just as loud, pointing his flashlight into Max's face then back to the ground.