064 : Ozzy and Bowing out

~x~

~x~

  "I think I'd rather run from the cops." Liza panted. The group had found the Upside Down version of Skull Rock and hid there, pressed against each other. They sat in silence, scared and waiting for the sounds of the bats to go farther away.

  "Okay, that was close." Robin huffed out. She was the first to climb out from under the boulder, needing out from the claustrophobic space. 

  "Yeah, too close." Eddie scoffed as he helped Liza to her feet. She smiled up at him in thanks. He smiled back at her then pressed a kiss to her hair.

  "Oh sh. . . shit." Steve muttered. He fell against the rock and held his side, groaning as pain shot through his body. 

  Liza was by his side in an instant, she tried to reach out but Steve flinched away. Blood was seeping from between Steve's fingers and he winced with every breath. She cursed him for being so stubborn, even at a time like this. Liza needed to help him, to see if he was going to be okay.

  "Steve, let me see." Liza demanded.

  "I'm fine, Henderson." Steve tried to reassure her but it came out in a pained hiss.

  "Like hell you are." Liza scoffed. "Sit your ass down." 

  Steve groaned in pain as he did what he was told, he was losing the energy to fight with her. Liza got to her knees on his injured side, gently reaching out and pulled his hands away from the wounds. The sight had Liza biting her tongue to keep her gasp at bay. His torso was marred by bites and claw marks, leaving it a bloody mess. A small smile spread on her lips as she remembered all the times Steve ever told her that he found her scars attractive. She never told him, but she thought his were too and this was bound to scar.

  "Okay, so." Robin knelt beside the pair, nervously looking between Liza and Steve. "Uh, the good news is I'm pretty sure wooziness is not a common symptom of rabies, but, uhm, if you start having hallucinations or muscle spasms or you start feeling aggressive, like you want to punch me or something, then you should totally let us know."

  "Robin." Steve gritted out.

  "Yeah?"

  "I kinda wanna punch you."

  "Sense of humors still intact. That's a good sign." Robin chuckled as she moved away.

  Liza looked down at her Hellfire shirt, gripped the hem and ripped. When she was done, she was left with half a shirt and a long piece of white fabric. Steve couldn't help himself, his eyes fell to her now exposed torso. On the side that was facing him, he saw yet another new tattoo. Warmth bloomed in his body as he recognized what it was: His baseball bat