056 : Ted Bundy and New Tattoos

~x~

~x~

  Eddie never came to pick up Liza. She had fallen asleep by three in the morning while she had waited. She wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he forgot or maybe he had passed out after his deal with Chrissy. There had to be something that made the boy miss picking her up, something to explain why he hadn't shown.

  When she woke up, a twisting feeling was in her stomach and she swore she heard the chittering for the first time in months. She tried to ignore it, going about her normal routine until Eddie either called or showed up. Eddie never left her hanging for long, usually coming with a coffee and an apology.

  So when the doorbell rang, Liza all but sprinted to open it. She expected Eddie, so she looked up. No mess of curls and goofy grin was waiting for her though. Looking back down she almost jumped out of her skin when she met the eyes of Max Mayfield.

  The ginger pushed her way through Liza and the door, the older girl followed. She was confused, after months of talking at Max the last thing she expected was for the girl to show up at her front door and barge in. Liza watched in amusement as Dustin was grabbed by his shirt and dragged out of his room and into Liza's. He looked to Liza for context but she shrugged.

  "Did you guys watch the news or not?" Max spoke. The Henderson siblings shook their heads, making Max groan in frustration. 

  "I'm sorry, but I've been trying for months to get you to talk to me and each time you would stare at me then slam the door in my face. Now you come into my house and want to know if I have watched the news?" Liza shook her head, her arms crossed over her chest. "You are something else, Mayfield."

  "I know and I am sorry, I'll explain all that later but someone was murdered last night and I know who it was." Max rushed out. Liza stared at the girl wide eyed. "It was Chrissy Cunningham. I saw her, it was at the trailer park. I watched her go into Eddie's trailer and then I saw the body this morning."

  Liza's mind was racing. If Chrissy was dead then maybe Eddie was too. The blonde felt nauseous. She stumbled backwards and landed on her bed beside Dustin, clutching at his arm like it was her life line.

  "Chrissy Cunningham with Eddie?" Dustin said in disbelief. It didn't make any sense, why would Eddie be hanging out with a cheerleader? Why would he be hanging out with another girl when he was clearly head over heels for Liza? "You're sure it was Chrissy?"

  "Yeah, in her cheerleader outfit. Same thing she was in when I saw her with Eddie. They got there after the game." Max shrugged, eyeing Liza warily, she knew that Liza was always with Eddie so maybe the revelation that he was with another girl was part of the reason the blonde was acting this way. "I just. . .I don't know why they were there."

"I do." Liza whispered, looking at the ginger with fear in her eyes. "Chrissy was buying off of Eddie. Max, I need you to tell me. . . .is Eddie. . .?" Liza couldn't finish the sentence. If she said it out loud then it would be real and she didn't want it to be real.