070 : Crawling Forward and Playing Hero

~x~

~x~

  Liza, Dustin and Eddie armoured up the trailer as quickly as they could. Putting up fencing and boarding up windows. Every last bit of scrap wood and metal they could find was put up on the sides. The whole thing reminded Liza of when they boarded up a bus against Demodogs.

  "Not bad." Eddie spoke as he took a step back to admire their handiwork.

  "Not bad at all." Dustin smiled while Liza nodded.

  "Now for the fun part." Eddie grinned as he led the Henderson's through the trailer to his room. Liza let out a shocked laugh at the Upside Down version of Eddie's room.

  It was still a mess, walls still had the same posters and the room looked the exact same. The only things missing were the pictures Liza had put up of them, some of her trinkets and little post-it notes she had left around with reminders for him to clean his room.

  Eddie looked around with a bit of a frown, his room seemed so empty without the little touches of Liza. Sure his room was cluttered with things but he never thought of it as lifeless, now that he knew what it looked like when someone else had been in there, had left their mark, he wasn't so sure he could go back to it. He would keep his room the way it was now. If he could go back to it after this that was.

  "Wow, you really haven't changed in three years, have ya?" Liza raised her brow at Eddie but he had gotten distracted by his guitar.

   "It's like she was destined for another dimension." Eddie grabbed the instrument from the wall, eyes wide as he slung it on to his shoulders. He turned to the siblings, an awed smile on his face. "What do you say Hendersons? Are you ready for the most metal concert in the history of the world?"

  "That a rhetorical question?" Dusting scoffed, his excitement written all over his face.

  "Born ready, Rockstar." Liza grabbed an amp. "Let's show these fuckers what they're missing out on."

  "Let's do it." Eddie swung the guitar on to his back as Dustin and Liza grabbed the gear.

  They moved outside and with some struggle, they were able to get the equipment and themselves onto the roof. Dustin headed back down so he could grab the extension cords that hung from the gate. Liza started to position everything, amps pointing in every direction now waiting to get plugged in.

  "You got a song in mind?" Liza smiled and raised a brow at the boy, Eddie smiled back.

  "You know I do, Witch. I learned the song." Eddie spoke as he tuned the guitar, glancing up in time to see the look of shock on the blonde's face. Slinging the guitar on to his back he headed towards the girl, stopping so they were toe to toe as he raised a challenging brow.