055 : Lady Applejack and Crit Hits

~x~

~x~

  Liza stood outside of Hawkins high waiting for Eddie. He had said he would be late and that he would tell her the reason later, but she couldn't get into the Hellfire room because he had the key. So while she waited for him, the blonde leaned up against a brick wall and smoked a cigarette while watching people file into the gymnasium for the basketball game. 

  "Liz!" A female voice pulled Liza's eyes away from the crowd. Robin ran up to her friend. "Are you coming tonight?" Liza threw away her cigarette as she eyed a familiar head of hair behind Robin. Steve Harrington stared back at her, a pretty blonde on his arm who was waving to someone she knew.

  "Nope, it's the end of the Hellfire campaign tonight. I can't miss that, after all I helped plan it." Liza wrapped her arms around herself. "Plus, I'm interested in who Dustin and Mike are bringing in as Lucas' replacement for the night."

  "Of course you'll be with Munson." Robin rolled her eyes playfully. "You are never without him for long. I swear if he tries to weasel his way into one more girls night-" Steve let out a scoff, it was loud enough that it drew both Liza's narrowed and Robin's wide eyes to him. 

  "Got something you would like to share with the class, Harrington?" Liza spat as she took a step forward, annoyance and rage clawing at every fibre of her being.

  "Nope, just not surprised, Henderson." Steve sneered. 

  Liza's retort died in her throat as the familiar feeling of Eddie's hand intertwining with hers calmed her down slightly but not enough for her to back down. Eddie glanced between Liza and Steve, seeing the boy glaring at his shoes with his tongue poking at his cheek. Looking back to Liza he saw a spark of anger in her eyes that told him everything he needed to know.

  "C'mon Doll, we gotta set up before the guys get there." Eddie tugged on her hand slightly, a silent way of telling her to back down. As much as he wanted to see her give Harrington hell, he also needed her calm for the campaign just as much. "Buckley." Eddie nodded at the girl - who nodded back and mouthed a thank you - before pulling the blonde away.

  "Of course, Munson to the rescue." Steve grumbled. Robin sighed, moving to glare at Steve.

  "You are a colossal douchebag!"

~x~

  After setting up, Liza and Eddie had time to kill so they sat on their thrones and talked. In the background they had music playing softly. It was a mixtape of their favourite songs that they called "The Rockstar and The Witch's greatest hits'. Eddie decided not to ask her about the standoff between her and Steve, if she wanted to talk about it she would but he was not going to push.

  "So, will we still be going to that secret place tonight or will you be too busy moping after they win?" Liza tapped Eddie's nose with a grin. He placed a hand on his heart and pretended to faint.