047 : The First Lunch and Hellfire

~x~

~x~

  It had been a month since Liza and Steve had broken up and the blonde seemed to be a husk of her former self. She only went to school, home and work. She barely ate, she knew it was stupid but she had lost her appetite. She didn't talk to anyone besides Dustin, Mike, Max and Robin. Lucas had ditched her for his basketball friends, as soon as they called her a freak, he started to avoid her unless he had to see her. Liza wasn't sure that anything would make her feel better, she wasn't sure she would ever be able to come back from this.

  Robin had been forgiven after two weeks of radio silence, something that killed Robin. Liza couldn't stay mad at the girl. She knew that she was only doing what she thought was right and in the end she couldn't hold it against her. Robin and Dustin were the ones who finally got Liza back to school, they had dragged her from her bed and forced her to go with threats that made the girl proud.

  The blonde sat alone at lunch most days, sometimes Robin, Dustin or Mike would join her but she would wave them off and tell them that she was fine being alone. Today she hadn't seen them at her table yet, it had been fifteen minutes into lunch and she thought that maybe she had gotten through to them. . . until a mop of curly brown hair entered her view. Eddie had a determined look on his face as he stared at her.

  "That's it Witch, you're coming to sit at my table and that's final." Eddie stated, jabbing his finger down on the table. Liza stared at him wide eyed. Eddie sighed, he should have known that wouldn't have worked. So he switched his approach. "You're killing me here, I'm not gonna keep letting you sit alone while you have a perfectly good group over there."

  Liza looked over her shoulder to see the boys of Hellfire staring at her. While most of the boys stared bewildered, Mike and Dustin looked hopeful. It dawned on Liza that maybe Eddie was their last resort, their last shot at breaking whatever spell was over the blonde. Turning back over to Eddie, Liza raised a brow.

  "What's in it for you, Rockstar?" Liza asked. Eddie felt warmth bloom in his chest, it had been a month since he had heard the nickname and to him it meant progress. 

  "Besides getting to sit with my favourite Witch? Nothing." Eddie grinned. "You should really be asking what's in it for you."

"What's in it for me?" Liza asked with a roll of her eyes and a small smile on her lips.

  "I'm glad you asked! Besides sitting with your brother and Wheeler, who are both very worried about you, may I add. You'll get the chance at new friends and you get to sit next to a pretty cool Metal Head . . . who is also very worried about you." Eddie reached across the table, grabbing her hand gently. "C'mon, what do you have to lose?"