057 : Boat Houses and Steve's Right

~x~

~x~

  They pulled up cautiously to the house, which was surprisingly nice for a drug dealer. Liza felt heat creep up her neck as she realised that Eddie had wanted to bring her here, secluded and right beside Lovers Lake. As they climbed out of Steve's car, she watched as Dustin ran up to the door and rang the doorbell repeatedly.

  "Eddie!" Dustin yelled. "It's Dustin and Liza!"

  Max dragged the blonde away from the group so they could scan the wooded area. Liza hoped she would see his van, a sign that he was here or even just him. Every small tree or bush had her heart leaping until she looked closer. While they didn't find the van or Eddie, they did find a wooden boat house. 

  "Hey, guys?" Max called back to the group as Liza approached it.

  Liza looked at the building apprehensively, no lights were on but she could only assume it was so no one would come in. The door was unlocked when Liza tried the handle, so she pushed it open. When nothing popped out at them, Liza took a deep breath and walked in first.

  "Hello? Is anyone home?" Robin joked as she looked around for any signs of life.

  The boathouse was dark making them all nervous as they crept further in. A cold chill went down Liza's spine as she looked behind boxes, searching for signs of her Metalhead. A loud noise behind her had her whipping around, finding Steve poking at a tarped boat with an oar.

  "What are you doing?" Dustin asked the older boy, a scowl on his face. "What are you doing?"

  "He might be in here." Steve shrugged like it was obvious, continuing to jab the oar in the boat.

  "So, take the tarp off." Dustin rolled his eyes.

  "If you're so brave, you take the tarp off." Steve argued, gesturing to the boy.

  Liza let out a giggle at their bickering, making Steve look at her with wide eyes. He hadn't realised how much he missed that sound, how much he missed being the one to make her laugh.

  "Hey guys? Look over here." Max beckoned them over. 

  As Robin and Liza got closer, the blonde instantly recognized Eddie's pack of smokes. It had little sharpie pentagrams and crosses that she had drawn the day before. A small smile spread on her lips as she picked it up, there was hope yet.

  "He's been here." Liza waved the pack in the air. "These are his."

  "Maybe he heard us, got spooked and ran?" Robin offered.

  "Why did you have to make that sound so creepy?" Liza laughed softly as she pocketed Eddie's cigarettes.

  "Don't worry, Steve will get him with his oar." Dustin said sarcastically.