024 : Rockstar and Days off

~x~

~x~

Liza had a rare day off, no scooping Ice Cream and no Evil Russians. Just a day where she could relax and enjoy the heat of an Indiana summer. So with a book and her skateboard, Liza went to the woods. There was a spot she used to go to before Will disappeared and the woods were a less creepy place to be alone, it was just far enough away from people's houses that no one knew she was there. It was a little clearing with a tree that had fallen over, giving her the perfect place to lean and get lost in the fantasy worlds of her books.

"Never pegged you as a fan of Lord of the Rings." Liza's head snapped up to see Eddie Munson standing in front of her, a goofy smile on his face and his hands in his back pockets.

She swore he was popping up in her life more often than he used to, Liza wasn't sure if it was coincidence or not at this point. It really didn't matter to her, she knew Eddie enough to know he wasn't some stalker and had some form of trust in him if she willingly bought weed or smoked it with him years before.

"There's lots you don't know about me, Rockstar." Liza huffed, marking her spot in the book then looked up at the boy. "What are you doing in the woods?"

Eddie smiled sheepishly at the girl, her big storm blue eyes making his heart stutter in his chest. He must have been staring at her too long because the blonde's brows lifted as if to tell him she was waiting for an answer. Clearing his throat, he dramatically threw himself down to the ground beside her, hand on his forehead like he had fainted.

"You wound me, Witch." Eddie moaned like he was in pain. A soft chuckle left Liza, causing Eddie to prop himself up on to his elbows to stare at her with a shocked smile. "Did I just make the Liza Henderson laugh?"

"Maybe you did, you gonna answer my question or not?" Liza raised a brow at him. Eddie pulled a joint and a lighter out of his jean vest, holding it up and wiggling his brows.

"This, Henderson, is my spot to smoke when I'm feeling outdoorsy." Eddie lit the joint, taking in a big puff then offering it to the blonde. "C'mon, for old times sake." Liza rolled her eyes, taking in a lung full of smoke.

Eddie watched as she let the smoke billow out from her mouth, he struggled to rip his eyes away from her lips. It almost felt like they were back behind Hawkins High during lunch, sharing a joint as they made small talk about classes and teachers. Those were the only times he ever really talked to the girl, and he had decided that he wanted to try and talk to her more.

"You said there was a lot I don't know." Eddie spoke as he took the joint back from Liza, pointing at her with his free hand. "So here's what I do know, the public knowledge. First you are an outcast, barely even hanging around little old me and the other Hawkins degenerates. Then you're hanging around King Steve and Nancy Wheeler. You then, somehow, manage to go from being single to going on a date with Billy Hargrove then you're full on dating Steve Harrington."