062 : Skull Rock and My Shire

~x~

~x~

  Liza was back in Starcourt Mall. All she could see at first were the flames that engulfed the stores, her brain trying to play catch up as she looked around. Her foot hit something as she shifted. Looking down, a silent scream fell from Liza's mouth.

  All around her were bodies. The bodies of the kids, Joyce, Hopper, Nancy, Johnathan, Robin, Eddie and Steve. They all looked like Billy when he had died, holes punched through their chests and black blood covering their clothes. Liza fell beside Dustin, grabbing at his face as she tried to shake him back to life.

  "No, Dustin." Liza sobbed as she pulled his body into her arms. "No, no, no!"

   Liza buried her face into his shoulder as she cried, broken protests leaving her lips. A hand clutched at her arm, making her scream and pull away from her brother. 

  "It's all your fault." Dustin's mouth moved but it wasn't his voice, this one was low and gravelly. His eyes were milky white and black blood bubbled from his lips. "We are all dead because you couldn't save us."

~x~

   Liza shot up off of the floor, tears streaming down her face and a cold sweat all over her body. She looked around to find everyone alive and asleep, but with the way they were laying she had to make sure.

  Slowly, Liza made her way over to her brother. She watched as his chest rose and fell with each breath. Beside him was Lucas and she watched to make sure he was breathing as well. The blonde repeated the process with everyone.

  When she got to Steve, she didn't need to watch him. She could hear his soft snores and that was all the confirmation she needed that he was okay. Carefully, Liza reached out and trailed her finger tips along his cheek, his nose, his forehead. Without thinking, Liza leaned down and placed a kiss on his forehead.

  Liza ended up at the same desk Max had sat two days prior. She set out writing letters for everyone as well. One for each important person in her life. Once she was done, she tied them with a string and slid them into Dustin's backpack. She hoped that he didn't find them until they were necessary.

~x~

  "Not to be a total wimp, but can I sit in the car?" Robin asked, they were finally on their way to Reefer Ricks so they could bring Eddie his food. "Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck."

  "It will be fine." Nancy reassured.

  "I just can't see those doe eyes of Eddie's break again. I really really can't." Robin whined as she leaned her head back against the headrest.

  Liza grimaced as the conversation continued around her. She had no idea how she was going to tell Eddie that she was cursed by Vecna. Liza agreed with Robin, she didn't want to see his face when he learned the information. He had told her to be safe and she had promised him that she would, now she couldn't keep that promise as she had no control over how or when Vecna got her.