014 : Eleven and Genius Ideas

~x~

~x~

   They all waited, the group from the shed had now joined them with their own weapons. They all crowded the living room as they stared at the door, ready for whatever came through. From beside her, Liza spied the candle stick that Mike was holding. She shook her head while holding in a laugh, handing him the tire iron as she flicked open her knife. No one spoke as the sounds drew closer.

  Liza tightened her grip on her knife, the growling and chittering now right outside the door. Liza shifted to cover Max, seeing Steve do the same to her brother. They shared a look, one that said that they were going to protect these kids no matter what. She wondered briefly when Steve started caring for these kids as much as she did.

   Everything got eerily quiet, the growls and chitters halting, it didn't even sound like there was wind blowing. No one dared to move or breathe as they were scared that even the slightest of noises would start the chittering again. Liza glanced over to Hopper, deciding to take her cues from him.

   Glass shattered from the living room window, Liza, acting quickly, shielded Max from the shards with her body. One came flying and sliced the blonde's leg, making her hiss in pain. Turning back she spotted the motionless demodog, laying in the middle of a glass covered floor. All eyes stayed locked on to the creature, waiting for it to spring back up and attack.

  "Is it. . . dead?" Max spoke, looking from the monster to Liza. The girl shrugged, unsure as she had never seen what a dead demo looked like. 

  Everyone's head whipped towards the door as it started to creak open. Liza expected to see the open mouthed monster rushing in. Instead, a girl walked in. Nose bleeding and looking like she had raided Liza's closet.

  "Who's that?" Max asked Liza when she saw that everyone had lowered their weapons. Liza sent a smile to the ginger, her body at ease now that she was in the presence of the once thought dead girl. She fought back the tears that threatened to break through her lash line.

  "That is Eleven."

~x~

  After Eleven's arrival, she went around and said hello's to everyone. When she got to Liza, she was instantly brought into a bone crushing hug. The blonde thanked whatever god had listened to her to bring back the girl. 

  "Since when did you turn into a little me?" Liza muttered into the hug, pulling back to wipe the blood away from Eleven's nose with her sleeve. The girl grimaced at the doting but let the blonde do whatever she needed to.

  "Bitchin'" Eleven said, eyes narrowing as if to prove her point. Liza barked out a laugh, nodding her head and pulling the girl into another hug. Even though Eleven only knew so many words, it was still nice to hear her talk.