037 : Wipeouts and Elevens Leg

~x~

~x~

  Liza grimaced as she stared at herself in the mirror, she had wiped away all the blood and sweat that had caked her face to reveal the extent of her injuries. She had more cuts on her face then she had realised but the worst ones were her cheekbones and nose. They were deep enough that she knew they would scar, and despite the fact that she swore she didn't care about her appearance, she couldn't help but feel insecure.

  "Still so beautiful." Steve muttered, wrapping his arms around her from behind and resting his chin on her shoulder to make eye contact with the girl through the mirror. Liza scoffed, shaking her head at his words. "I'm serious, I can see it in your eyes you don't believe me but you look amazing. Always have."

  "Even with the scars I'm gonna have thanks to those assholes?" Liza looked away from Steve's warm brown eyes and glared at the cuts.

  "Remember what I told you about scars?" Steve turned his head to press an opened mouth kiss to her neck. "Now I definitely won't be able to keep my hands off of you." Liza hummed, her eyes slipping shut as Steve boosted her confidence. Turning in his arms, Liza rested her hands on his chest. 

  "Let's go, my love." Liza whispered, "The others are waiting for us."

~x~

   As the Scoops Troop made their way through the mall, they tried their best to blend in with the crowd that had just come out of the theatre. Liza clutched on to Steve's hand as they walked in the centre of the mass of people. Robin stuck close to Liza's side, eyes searching the crowd for anyone who may be looking for them.

  "Well shit." Erica laughed. "That actually worked."

  "Of course it worked." Dustin scoffed. It was his plan after all and his plans never failed. "We just need to get on the bus with the rest of these plebes and home sweet home, here we come."

   Liza kissed her teeth, the drugged up memory of the interrogation coming forward. Her manic laughter filled threats just before Dustin and Erica came to save them ringing in her ears. She tapped Steve on the hand to get his attention. Jerking her head towards her brother, Steve sighed but nodded.

  "Uh, Dustin?" Steve grimaced. "Yeah, we might not wanna go to your house." 

  "Why?"

  "Well. . . I might have told them your full name." Steve mumbled regretfully. "To be fair, Liza didn't stop me." Liza glared up at her boyfriend.

  "What is wrong with you two?" Dustin kept his eyes forward, he felt anger prickle up his spine and he was sure if he looked at the couple he would kill them.