The Angel- Mar's View

"It was a project." Cosmo sits down on the ground in the imaginary tunnel.

"I called it Angel of Clinia. You were going to literally become an Angel, as you got your wings. A stupid thing I came up with to make it literal, but later on I decided that it should be more metaphorical, and that you would save Clinia instead. I honestly took it too far. I meant to have Dean talk you out of it, but I got so curious about all of the emotions that you were going through, that I just let it happen. Dean originally was going to be your love interest. Ezra wasn't even supposed to come along but I accidentally programmed him with too much charm and it started overwhelming the system to I had to play him myself with a holographic disguise and create a clone of myself for when Ezra and Cosmo were in the same place at the same time."

"Still, what now?" Aurora repeats.

"Since the projects over, I guess I just make whatever you guys want and you can stay together, or I can put the fake world back together with the fake people, and it'll be like you never had to save the world. Or I can try to send you to the real Earth dimension but you really would have no place there. I mean, you guys have nowhere to go. Why not just stay here and live the life you want."

"We don't have any family I suppose, and other than the fact that we are aware of the fact they aren't real, they wouldn't be much different than real people." Aurora offers. "I just want to give up." I say, defeated and done with it all. "No option, is a good option, Aurora. No matter what we choose, it's just wrong. It's like we know the meaning of life, or at least ours. There's no point in anything now. We've completed our purpose, now there's no point to life."

"Before I unload," she makes a circular hand motion, "all of that. May I ask, Cosmo, why was I brought here? I get that you made Mar the 'Angel savior' which is why she's here, but why me too?"

"Great question actually. It was actually a fluke. I was deciding between the two of you, but I had decided that Mar here would have more determination to save the world. Unfortunately I guess at some point before you guys were "born" I somehow when I selected Mar thought of both of you at the same time so it warped you both here. Both of your backstories were scripted and made by me. I figured I could make you guys opposites. Mar had a happy home life, and yours was more broken. Different outcomes leading to the same thing. I didn't originally plan for you two to meet. I was going to have you both save the world in the same way, just in separate places to see different results."

"So in a way... we aren't exactly real either. Still figments of your imaginations. Holograms almost."

"Not exactly. You were really human life forms that had the possibility to exist on earth, so you have true emotions and I can't control either of you in what you do, think, or feel. You see, everyone before they exist, has a chance to exist. Over trillions of little beings that may or may not get a chance to exist in whatever universe they are from and whatever life form they are. Just possibilities floating around nowhere at all. Simply ideas really is all they are. But if you can think it, there's a chance that it'll happen, whatever or whoever it is. It's difficult to comprehend unless you literally rule the universe."

"Why focus on insignificant humans though?"

"Alas, there were wars that destroyed many universes. Mostly because Earth and forty three other planets are the only ones remaining that have self awareness and emotion, most importantly empathy. I figured I would spend some time investigating each species until I could figure out how to understand your emotions and somehow apply that to other species that lack them. Make the universe a better place. Of course I would probably not add grief or anger."

"Except grief and anger allow you to appreciate the good moments in life." Aurora adds.

"Now isn't the time to get sappy. I literally have no purpose, this isn't how I want to spend my pointless time."

Anger boils inside of me.

"My life was a small nothingness of an idea, and I existed only for this purpose because you imagined me. I know you didn't take away my chance at life somewhere else exactly, but my emotions are real and I'm fuming. I have no real life. My only purpose was to be put through literal hell."

"I understand your frustration now, Marlow. If truly it is what you do desire, I can allow you eternal peace, but there isn't going back."

I think a moment.

"Do it. My entire life has led up to this moment where it can finally stop. Who knows, maybe I'll be an idea with a real life one day. With a real family. A real brother. A real best friend. A real love. A real world around me that isn't so meant to put me through every emotion in the book. Maybe in my next life I won't be betrayed by the person I thought was my friend. It'll probably still happen. We even had school drama here, even though I wasn't a part of it because I literally had one friend. This entire thing has been so screwy and has made zero sense."

"Wait! What about me, Mar? You are just gonna leave me here?"

"Do what you will, Aurora. You weren't meant to be here. You can still have a chance on Earth. My purpose is done with."

"Cosmo you can't do this! Don't let her go through with it!"

Cosmo looks at her, and looks at me.

I don't know what happened after that, but I assume that I began to feel peace, because I am only seeing one thing.

Black.