Angel Wings

I feel a sharp stabbing in my shoulder blades. Instead of repulsive wings like Aurora had, I'm graced with more extravagant wings, much like the ones I wore in Clinia.

Each moment in my life mattered, and it has all led up to this.

From the darkness, I swiftly fly up into the sky.

I look around, my pupils white as snow.

I glance into the universe to see Aurora in space, running amuck as she terrorized the universe she is meant to care for.

My wings flap heavily in the sky in which I feel more powerful than a plane.

"Aurora." My voice garbles, for I haven't spoken in years.

"It can't be. Marlow? Is that you? But how-"

"You can only be an Angel if you've died, and you broke the rules. Maybe you should've paid attention to the prophecy that you so feared." I beam. She covers her ears as my voice makes her ears ring.

"Fight me now. I shall take your place and restore peace to all who you have harmed."

"I suppose you're right. Just take the staff."

I glide over to her and smile. "I knew you weren't so bad after all." I go to grab the staff and she hits me over the head with it. I'm knocked about a foot lower in the air, but I rise back up as she hurries away.

"Liar!" I bellow into the darkness around me.

I chase after her but I'm slightly unsteady with my wings. She's had much more of a chance to get used to hers.

I go to use a spell that I believe will kill her, but I think about my friends. They wouldn't want that. I can't kill Aurora. Only stop her.

I throw netting spells at her to trap her.

She weaves around them in the air gracefully.

"Gotta try harder than that!" She cackles like the evil witch that she is.

I throw a stunning spell at her which hits her, but she brushes it off rather quickly.

She looks behind her as she flies and throws a stunning energy back at me. I barely manage to move over to the side quick enough because I'm unstable in my flying abilities.

I grate my teeth but get back to trying to catch her.

I think a moment and grab ahold of her with a temporary binding spell that pulls her to me.

"Wait, what are you-" she screams as I hurl us both at Clinia.

Before we hit the ground. I flap my wings and catch us both.

"Are you insane?" She croaks.

"Maybe a little." I say in return.

Here we are. Home grounds.

"Space is too difficult of a game. You are a devil aren't you? You like games. Try to beat me here. No space. Just here in Clinia. You and me."

"You've got a deal."