Clinia Battleground

My nose begins to bleed. She had hit me with a stunning spell. My lip bursts and I'm battered.

I rub the blood away from my nose and lips and it sits drying on my hand.

I hit her a couple times with powerful spells that won't kill her. One of us is trying to kill the other, so she has the upper hand. I can only use what is most limited to me, weaker spells that will not kill her.

Her power resides in her staff, so if I can drain it then she won't be so powerful.

I go to make her think I'm going to hit her, but instead I use my power to drain some energy. She pulls her staff away and throws another shot at me.

I just have to drain it, little by little.

We exchange many fires at each other, and I continue to drain little by little.

She finally throws a spell that honestly would have killed me, but her staff is too weak.

"That should've worked. It hit you. Are you immortal?" She gasps.

Little does she know, I'm far from immortal, only smart enough to deplete her strength.

This continues, and there is nothing left. She struggles to throw anything at me and it fluctuates and hits her back, but it only lightly snaps at her like a rubber band.

"Why isn't this working?" She shakes her staff, losing her focus on me. With that, I throw the stunning and capturing spell at her, which is much stronger on my end.

She is dropped from the air and is wrapped in a magical binding.

She twitches as the energy floods her.

"Checkmate." I smile. I lift her high above me and warp her into a middle dimension that has no existence for it is neither here nor anywhere.

I bask in my glory for a minute.

"I did it! I beat her! Haha! I really did it!"

I teleport myself to my friends after I fixed the horrible things Aurora had done to make everyone's life miserable.

I wipe away my wings from human vision before I see them. I teleport them to my old room at the Crosston household. Confused and disoriented, they fear the worst.

I walk in front of them and let myself be seen.