I Don't Love You

I never had this. My whole entire life, I was lonely and never had any friends. My father was so worried after the death in our family that he locked me up in the castle and never let me go outside without permission. I kept asking even though I knew he wouldn't let me. Eventually I gave up and worked countless hours on finding this nonexistent power. But now... I have him. I know that he has more to work through and that I've just barely touched the surface of his past but I have to keep trying whether he rejects me or not.

"You coming, Zelda?" I heard Link shout from a distance. Today we planned to take a break from traveling and decided to have a picnic in Hyrule Fields. I ran to catch up with him, walking next to him with a smile on my face. He smiled back in response, leading us onto a hill with a tree for shade. Link set down the basket as soon as we were up there, spreading out a blanket for us to sit on. I immediately grabbed the basket so Link wouldn't be able to serve me food like he always did. He said it was protocol but I'm the princess so he doesn't get to do things his way. Link hadn't noticed that I had stolen the basket. As soon as he sat down he reached for it without looking but couldn't find it. He then looked at me and rolled his eyes once he saw the basket.

"Zelda, give it to me." He said, trying to sound intimidating. I laughed a bit at him, shaking my head no. A smirk grew across his face slowly.

"I'm not gonna ask you again. Give me the basket." He said, getting closer. I held onto the basket tightly, wanting to see what he would do if I didn't listen to him. I shook my head no again, bracing myself for what he was about to do. He smiled evilly and proceeded to tackle me, forcing the basket out of my hand before he started to tickle me. I couldn't get away no matter how hard I tried. He was so much stronger than me but I didn't mind that at all. The smile that he would get whenever he was able to be himself around me was priceless. I would do anything to see you smile. Link finally stopped tickling me once I told him that my stomach was hurting because of how hard I was laughing. He helped me sit up, giving me the upper hand to steal the basket again, taking the food out as fast as I possibly could so he couldn't do any of it.

"Zelda!" Link sighed, shaking his head. I laughed at him, handing him a finger sandwich teasingly. He rolled his eyes, taking it, smirking a bit.

"You're welcome." I said, trying to make him angry. He scoffed, eating the sandwich in one bite before he pointed to my shirt which caught my attention enough for him to flick my nose.

"You can let me do some things too! I want to help. I hate sitting around." I said, taking a sandwich, taking a bite.

"I'm aware but I can do that. It's not hard-"

"It's not that I don't think you can do things, I just want to be treated like a normal person instead of being treated like a baby." I said, taking out some cupcakes that we had got in town at the bakery.

"You sure do act like one sometimes." Link remarked, pointing to the cupcakes I had just got out. I sighed, taking a bite out of one, stating my opinion. Link smiled a bit.

"Are those both for you?"

"Yes, because you made fun of me!" I said before Link tried to snatch the last cupcake. I was able to grab onto a bit of it, smiling to myself. We tugged at it until I lost grip, the momentum that we had built caused Link's hand to fling back, hitting his face, the cupcake icing smearing on Link's face. He ate the small cupcake as fast as he could so I couldn't steal it back but had failed to notice that almost all of the icing on the cupcake was still on his face.

"You've got a little something there." I laughed, pointing at him. He blinked a couple times before trying to get the icing off. He ended up getting most of it but there was some left on the side of his face.