Save It For The Gallows, Traitor!

My heart was beating so fast as Link had pulled me in, causing our lips to meet hastily. He kept me there for only a couple seconds before separating, staring at me. The air had left my lungs. I couldn't breathe, couldn't think... All I could see was him. Link laughed a bit at me.

"I warned you." He said teasingly. Everything made since now. All those times when you were staring... it must have been because of that. Somehow you managed to fall in love with me without me realizing it. You must have suspected that I had done the same.

"You okay?" Link laughed again at me.

"You can't just... do that!" I said, trying to act mad.

"It's too late. You also liked it so-"

"Shut up!" I said, pulling him in by the neckline of his shirt, wanting to be more focused in the kiss this time. This was almost surreal. When I found out that I liked him, I didn't know how long I would have to wait to tell him or even if I would ever tell him. Link seemed to immediately fall into the kiss, pulling me in closer by the waist, causing my heart to race but I wouldn't dare to separate. This is... different... and new. I never thought I would have this. And now... I do. After a second Link separated again, cupping my face, leaning down slightly so our foreheads would meet now. He stared at me for a while, smiling to himself. He didn't say anything and he didn't have to. Somehow he was able to express exactly how he was feeling through his expressions and actions. After a minute I laughed a bit at him.

"What are you staring at?"

"You."

"Why?" I asked, trying so hard not to laugh at him.

"I always stare at you."

"Not like that." I said, letting myself fall into his gaze. He chuckled a bit at me before he kissed me again but this kiss was deeper and said a great deal. Fear, concern, want, desire... Everything seemed to mix. I wasn't scared of him and didn't feel the need to pull away. He had a way of making me feel the most peace I've ever felt in my whole life. I don't care what my father says or what the laws state. I love you. I didn't realize it but I do and now I can't leave you. I can't let anyone else have you. You're mine as selfish as that is. I pushed the kiss deeper subconsciously, causing Link to startle a bit but he quickly recovered, going just as deep as I had. My head was spinning and I didn't care what was around me anymore. He was the only thing that mattered... but this kiss didn't move forward. Link separated fast. I sighed a bit before opening my eyes, wondering why he separated but in that moment the air left my lungs. There in front of me were two Hyrule guards holding daggers to Link's neck on either side. No... Not this. Not now! Link was frozen in place, giving me a look that said a million words. "I'm sorry, don't worry, I'll be okay, stay quiet, don't do anything."

"What is the meaning of this?" I immediately questioned them even though I knew Link didn't want me to.

"Your highness, the King sent for us to escort you back to the castle. Your father wanted to talk to you about the future of the kingdom. I'm glad we rode through the night. We wouldn't have been able to save you from this pervert." The guard on the left said, moving his knife onto Link's neck.

"He didn't do-" Link interrupted me before I could continue even though he was in a life or death situation.

"I humbly apologize, your highness. I don't know what came over me. It won't happen again-" The guard pressed his knife into Link's neck.

"Save it for the gallows, traitor!" And with that, the guard on the right smacked the back of Link's head with the butt of his dagger, causing Link to go completely unconscious, falling to the ground faster than I could process. I rushed to his side, pulling him up so I could hold him but before I could even manage that, the guard who was on the right grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder, carrying me to his horse. I struggled as much as I could but no matter how hard I tried or how loud I screamed, nothing mattered. The damage had been done and now Link would have to deal with the consequences of my actions... and my feelings.