Loving You Was A Fantasy

I awoke slowly from a deep sleep, opening my eyes, realizing I was in my room. A dream? No. That's not possible. I got out of my bed fast, running to my vanity, immediately noticing the scar across my arm from when my father cut me recently but to my surprise, it was almost completely healed. Not a dream. Have I been asleep this whole time? I rushed over to my closet, putting on a very simple dress, racing out of my room, desperately looking for any signs of where He could be. If I've been asleep for that long, is he alright too? The last time I saw him, he was dying, bleeding, desperate for relief, and now, I had no clue where he was. I ran to the infirmary as fast as I could before being stopped by a maid.

"Princess you shouldn't be here." One of my personal maids pulled me away from the room. Her name is Evonne. She's been working here for only a couple months but she's my most trusted maid. She's about my age but has more wisdom about things than she knows what to do with at times. She would never do anything to hurt me or even tell my father if I did anything that was against the rules. She must know something. Evonne quickly pulled me into an empty hallway, looking around as she did so.

"Where's Link?" I asked, becoming more and more worried about his condition.

"He's in urgent care. I overheard your father talking to one of his servants, telling him about the whole matter. He's... Zelda I'm so sorry." Evonne said, tears starting to form in her eyes. I shook my head. He's fine. He's alright.

"Where is he?" I asked again, wanting to know exactly where he was at this time. I had to see him even if my father caught me.

"Princess he's gone. He died a couple weeks ago." Evonne forced herself to say, seeming to be absolutely traumatized by the words that came out of her mouth. I shook my head. He's alive. He's fine. He's perfectly healthy. He can't have died.

"Evonne, where is he?" I asked once more, knowing that if I didn't get an answer, I would have to find him myself. I wouldn't give up until I located him. She started to sob, regret showing on her face as she slowly let herself brake.

"I don't know. They took the body away a couple days ago. I'm not sure where your father is keeping him but I know for a fact he's dead. I watched him die-"

"No! He's alive! He has to be." I practically screamed, not wanting my thoughts to be persuaded. I had to keep this small bit of hope I had left. I couldn't assume he was gone. It was too hard for me to think about.

"The only thing that I know for sure is that his body hasn't been buried for some reason. Your father insisted that his body be kept from decaying. Wherever he's hiding Link, his body should be completely fine as far as decomposition goes. They must be freezing the body which means his body must be in town somewhere because they would need ice and a place to even put the body. This sounds like an awful assumption, but they might have given the body to the fishermen. Granted it doesn't make much since but they would have more ice than they know what to do with. They keep the fish fresh by using ice. But then again, I don't know." Evonne said, frowning a bit.

"Okay. I'll go look." I said, not wanting to even think. I knew for a fact that if I thought about how much pain Link must have been in that I would break down until I couldn't even walk. I had to find him.

************************************

After hours of not wanting to acknowledge Evonne's assumption, I had to give in. I had no choice whatsoever. I looked everywhere. I quickly ran out into the village, headed for the fishery. As soon as I entered, the faces of the people who were working there turned downcast. He's here.

"I'd like to inspect every fish you have here." I said quickly, waiting for one of them to listen to me. They did quickly, taking me into the back of the shop where all the fish were kept. I searched and searched for hours but found nothing but fish. No. He has to be here. I don't have any other place to look.