A Deathly Resurrection

Traveling to Zora's Domain was certainly strange. The terrain was harder to navigate, there were times where we had to turn around and head another direction. But the strangest thing of all was the way that Link was acting on this trip. He was very indecisive which is not normal for him. He talked to himself about the different routes, he stared off into space a couple times, stopping when he was doing so. I knew there was something that he wasn't telling me but he wouldn't talk about it no matter how much I brought it up in conversation. We were nowhere near Zora's Domain at this point. I knew that for a fact. Somehow we kept walking in the opposite direction multiple times. Link was the one navigating and he never had issues like this before. Could the spell that my father had put on him be effecting him still? Does he not fully remember?

"Link, we're going the wrong way again." I said, calling him on it this time, wanting to get to Zora's Domain as fast as possible. Link stopped dead in his tracks, not turning to face me.

"This is the right way-"

"No it's not. You're leading us in circles. Is there something bothering you?" I asked, wanting to get to the bottom of this.

"No-"

"Then take us in the right direction." I finished, waiting for him to correct himself but to my surprise, he kept walking in the same direction from before. I sighed, walking fast so I could get in front of him, facing him, coming to a halt. Link stopped walking so he wouldn't run into me, turning away from my gaze.

"This is the wrong way." I said once again, waiting for him to admit he's wrong.

"It really isn't-"

"Yes it is. What's bothering you?" Link didn't say anything, not making eye contact with me. I could see the wheels turning behind his eyes. He clearly had something on his mind that he wasn't telling me about. Something is bothering him. Something is... hurting him. Worry, guilt, fear, nervousness...

"Do you remember where you're going?" I asked, wondering if that was the deal. Link immediately made eye contact with me then, nodding pointing behind me where we were supposed to be going.

"Yeah it's that... I mean that way..." Link corrected himself fast, pointing to the direction that we were originally going.

"Nice save. I totally believe that we should be going that way after you pointed in the complete opposite direction." I said, sarcasm rolling off my tongue. Link sighed, knowing he had messed up, clearly thinking.

"You gonna tell me what the issue is now?" I continued to ask, waiting patiently for him to answer with the truth. Link shook his head no.

"You don't need to worry about it. It's not a big deal." He said, brushing my questioning off as if it was nothing. I could clearly see the conflict that he had but I couldn't tell what it was about. Something had scared him or maybe he was nervous that something would happen. Either way, I knew something wasn't right. Link had never acted this way before. He didn't do this when we had to go to Rito Village even. Revali is the one person who I know Link would not be excited to see.

"Don't overthink it. I'm just... not quite ready to talk about it. It's a long story but I'll tell you when I'm ready." Link finished, starting to walk in the right direction. I grabbed his hand gently. Why do I feel like this? I should let it go... right? This shouldn't be a problem. He can have his secrets. He can have his privacy.

"Zelda-"

"Sorry. Never mind." I said slowly, letting his hand slip out of mine, looking at the ground, waiting for Link to keep walking.

"Listen... It's not you. I... basically grew up in Zora's Domain. I spent most of my time there when I was young. I'm just concerned that things are going to get... out of hand if I return. There was a lot of drama based around me and the royal family and I don't want you to be in the middle of that. I also... don't want to get wrapped into any of that. I'm concerned that if I return that they'll somehow have control over what happens later. All the things that are taking place right now, may or may not be permanent. In opening that old door, I might never be able to leave. That's why I'm stalling." Link said calmly, taking my hands in his. I looked up at him slowly, seeing his eyes full of conflict and also resolve.