Self Liar

"Stop thinking so much. You'll stress yourself out so much that you'll be unable to breathe. You have to let your body relax and only see what's right in front of you. It's easier said than done but you have to learn to lose your thoughts. They only hurt you in the end. You'll judge yourself for everything. It won't build you up." Link said, making eye contact with me. He doesn't pressure me but he tells me things that I need faster than I can even process in my head. He knows about everything that I need. Even if he doesn't, he figures it out eventually.

"Hey! You're doing it again."

"Right, sorry!" I said, smiling a bit to myself. Looking at all the flowers in front of us, finding them somewhat interesting. I pointed to a blue diverse flower before changing the subject.

"You see that flower? It's called a sylleblossom. It's used for perfumes. It smells kinda sour yet, the smell draws you in somehow. It has an interesting effect on the people who smell it. They often get dizzy or find it hard to breathe. The fascinating fact about this flower is when it's turned into a perfume, the person wearing the fragrance is unaffected by the smell of the flower yet it affects everyone else around them."

"I've never heard of that before. I've seen a lot of flowers cause they're used for various potions but I thought this was just a normal flower-"

"There's no such thing as normal anything! Everything has a purpose. There's one... and another! Each flower is used for a specific purpose. No flower or anything for a matter of fact is useless." I said before spotting a flower that I held very dear to me. I gasped when I saw it. I had never seen one this close before.

"This one here is called the silent princess. It's a rare and endangered species. Despite our efforts, we can't get them to grow domestically yet. The princess can only thrive out here in the wild... All that we can hope is that the species will be able to prosper on its own." I knew I was ranting but I also knew Link didn't mind it. He was just as fascinated with this stuff as I was. Somehow... the flower reminds me of you. I know almost nothing about you still but you continue to show up in different ways. You're not what I thought you were. I spotted something move out of the corner of my eye, looking at it quickly to see a little frog hopping around. I lunged for it, somehow catching it! I hurried over to Link so he could see it better.

"I don't believe it but I actually caught one! This delicacy has been known to have very, very potent effects under the proper circumstances! Tada!" I opened my hands to reveal the frog that I had caught to Link. His expression said so many words but it mainly was confusion.

"Research from the castle shows that ingesting one of these can actually augment certain abilities. We wouldn't be in a controlled environment out here but with your level of physical fitness, you'd be the perfect candidate for the study." I was more excited than Link could possibly guess. He seemed confused by my statements but he was about to know the research I had done to prepare for this moment.

"Go on! Try it!" I said, holding the frog closer to his face, getting closer each time Link moved away. He was horrified and clearly had no clue what to do in this situation. Sadly the frog hopped out of my hands before Link could try a bite of it. You chose this time to run away? Rude. I almost had a successful experiment for once. Link suddenly burst out laughing... but it was a real laugh. I had originally thought he laughed for real but in reality, this was him truly being happy for the first time.

"You're crazy! Couldn't we have cooked it first?" Link asked, continuing to laugh hysterically. I sighed slowly.

"Research also says that tampering with the specimen could make for a failed experiment. We shouldn't cook it if you were to try and eat it." I said, smiling at him. He slowly stopped laughing, smiling at me in return. It's strange when you look at me like that. You give me so many mixed signals. You love me, I'm your best friend, you care about me... this never ending cycle of confusion. I want to know what you're thinking but it's almost impossible to tell what's on your mind. Link sighed quietly which caught my attention almost immediately. He was frowning at the ground, staring off into space.